Animal Kingdom Food Voucher v. Q&C Voucher

yecats

Living to vacation.
Which voucher is the better deal in AK?

I know that the AK Voucher is $11.99 and comes with main entree and drink plus one box of popcorn and ice cream later on.

Q&C voucher has entree, side dish, drink and dessert. If you ordered the pep. pizza, can you get the breadsticks as a side? If you could this ups the ante on this deal but I don't know if anyone has done this. I am thinking that they may only allow you to get the salad as side which doesn't make this as good of a deal. Then again you are also stuck with getting the dessert at the time of the meal as well.

Any thoughts? I am inclined to buy the AK voucher at this point but would like to hear what others think.

Actually, per the Allears site, the AK meal deal is for an entree, beverage, popcorn OR ice cream, and a bottled drink (water or soda). Found it to be a good deal for a kid's pizza meal at Pizzafari...it was like getting the drinks and ice cream for free!

I love the AK Meal Deal. We save our tickets and grab ice cream or soda on a subsequent visit.

Also, keep in mind that the adult individual pizza is the same size as the one that comes with the kid's meal. Since it's counter service, you could easily order pizzas for adults in your party and pay the kid's meal price. That really makes the AK voucher a great deal. You end up getting two drinks as well since you get one w/your meal and a coupon to use later (in addition to the popcorn/ice cream coupon).

Please note that Pizzafari has done away with the kids pizza. It has been removed from their menu, according to recent guest. When asked the restuarant manager said it was removed to allow kids to make healthier choices?! Seems like a strange comment since it is a pizza restuarant! Of course the real reason is $$$!

In September, I used the Q & C vouchers for lunch at the Tusker House restaurant, and got the rotisserie chicken with side of garlic mashed potatoes, large drink, and chocolate cake. It was a lot of food, but I think the better deal was the AK Meal Deal. I still have one of my coupons left from a previous trip, and I have read on the boards here about someone having luck using them later on a different day. That would prevent the "having to get dessert now" thing that happens when you use the Q & C voucher.

BTW, we used the Q & C in June at the Tusker house and shared the rotisserie chicken meal (between my daughter and I) as it is usually plenty of food. Not so then, and we ended up ordering more food, as we noticed smaller portions being served. Based on that experience, my mother and I used 2 Q & C vouchers in Sept. in the same restaurant, so that we would have enough to eat. In Sept., the servings were back to quite large (as we had noticed on a trip last year), so Mom and I had a good bit of our lunch left over. We weren't ready for dessert after finishing our lunch, so we ended up taking it to our room with us in a carryout pkg. That being said, I think their "Meal Deal" gives you the same food with a little more freedom. You can always have that drink or ice cream later and not feel forced to get it when you first order your food.

I'm only on my first cup of coffee, so I hope that makes sense!

O.K. maybe I'm just to tired thismorning still. Have I missed a voucher I thought I new about all of them? The Q&C vouchers are $11.99? Then I thought the AK voucher were like $5.99 not 11.99. and were for the "kids" meals. So is there an adults AK voucher also that I have not heard about that is $11.99? If they did away with the "kids" pizza what are the choices then?

Here's the scoop on the AK vouchers:

DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM
MEAL PLUS CERTIFICATES GOOD HERE!

Guests ages 12 and up $11.99

Guests ages 3-11 $5.99

Certificate is good for:

One counter service entree plus a beverage at any of the following Animal Kingdom counter service restaurants:
Restaurantosaurus, Flame Tree Barbecue, Pizzafari, Tusker House.
One box of popcorn or an ice cream bar
One bottled drink (soda or water)

The certificates can be purchased at any Animal Kingdom counter service restaurant and also at Guest Relations in the park. This program was started as an experiment last summer, and could be discontinued at any time.

I believe they had a similar meal @ Blizzard Beach but don't know if they're still doing it.

Thanks for all of your replies. Looks as though the AK vouchers are the better way to go. Disney probably discontinued the child pizza at Pizzafari because they realized it was a loop hole and that adults knew how to take advantage of that loop hole.

At AK we always get the meal deal they have. I think its a better value. You get your full meal and drink plus I love having the coupons to get a seperate drink later and dessert when we want to eat it.

Can anyone please verify that the Child's pizza is really gone or not?

We were there and got it the first week of October. Really good value and we were planning to do it again. Kid's pops are really small, the pizza wasn't the best but a great deal at $5.99!

We were there on Monday, Oct 18th and the kids pizza was gone. The manager I talked to said it changed recently and she didn't agree with the decision. The only 2 items were PB&J sandwich and cold chicken strips. We had read about the vouchers and were looking forwards to trying them. The vouchers were listed on the menu board but no go on the kids pizza. We just ordered the cheese pizza off of the adult menu for our DD. Oh well, maybe next year. Come to think of it, they didn't have a kids pizza at Pizza Planet at MGM either.

Are the AK vouchers good for any entree in the participating places? Would the 1/2 slab ribs at Flame Tree be included? If so, that's a pretty good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter