animal Kingdom day of departure

keagansmom

Mouseketeer
I'm sure this has been asked to death but I can't get the sech to work. We are flying a day early for our cruise. We are bringing my FIL & MIL and they have never been to Animal Kingdom. We are staying at AKL Friday night and I have heard that we can catch the Disney bus to ther ship terminal from AK and get a half day at the park before boarding. Has anyone done this? Did it work out ok?

Thanks so much!

We'll be at AKL as well before leaving for our cruise but I was under the impression that the bus wuold be picking us up sometime between 11:30 and 12:30 so if that is the case you wouldn't have too much time at AK.

We took the bus from AK (not AKL... I think dcherry misunderstood), but it was years ago, so I don't have the latest info on it. It was very convenient! You can see a lot in AK in a morning!

I thought the buses provided for transfer to the ship only picked up at the Disney hotels? Maybe there are other buses? Or the OP is talking about a bus that is not asscociated with the included trip transfer?

We did this when we stayed at POFQ 2 yrs ago. When we checked out of the hotel, they took care of our luggage, and it was automatically taken to the cruise ship. We took one of the Disney buses to AK and spent the morning there, and then we were picked up by the Disney Cruise Line bus, outside the gate at AK, and taken to the Wonder on that bus. We had already done a whole day at AK, so we just enjoyed taking our time that morning and catching any ride we had missed, or really wanted to see again. It all went very smoothly. Hope that you have fun.:thumbsup2

Once we were picked up at our hotel and our Cruise bus stopped at AK to pick up more passengers. I think there is some sort of different ticket you can get as a cruiser for a half day at AK. I never looked into it, though.

I think you just use a regular admission ticket... no reduced price.

At the time (this was in 2003, so things may have changed), there was a sign off to the left as you approach the AK ticket gates saying for Disney cruisers to check in there. We just went over there and checked in and were told what time to be back out from to meet the DCL bus.

We were on Land and Sea, so we had already purchased transfers. My husband booked this and he says the AK pickup instead of hotel pickup was arranged in advance. I'd ask your TA or DCL if you booked directly through them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter