Animal Eyelets - trouble setting them??

piratesmate

<font color=red>Drah-gun! I don't do that tongue t
At the crop yesterday I tried to set 2 eyelets. And being an MM user - well, the noise was an issue. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was trying to set one of the monkey eyelets & the other was a giraffe. I can't remember for sure, but I think I probably got them from BargainPack - since that's where I usually go first.

The monkey set okay - although it took far more hits than usual. I know part of it was the table - even when I was directly over a leg. But the giraffe never did get set! :( In fact, it barely started to curl - never split at all! I tried using the 1/8" the 3/15" and that weird tip that is pointed....

Has anyone successfully set the giraffe eyelet? (especially if you got them from BP) Is there a trick to it?

I remember reading that someone said they had this problem with the Mickey eyelets from WDW....something about using a wire cutter? My problem is the tip of DH's wire cutter won't fit into the opening. Any help with this? How did you do it?

I've only done the bears, but I made DH do them! He got them set easily, but I struggled...I have the monkeys, giraffes, lions, and something else...I'm guessing you bought the same pack of 10 that I did-2 of each. If you figure anything out, let me know, otherwise DH is stuck using the silent setter when I do them!

Nope :confused3 I ended up embossing a mountain goat for that page. (On a square in the center of 4 blocks of color.) I need to print out some of the Jungle Cruise bad jokes to finish that page. I'll post when I'm done.

But for now, those eyelets are staying in their little bins. :sad2:

Hopefully somebody will come along and help us! I did get the bears set though, finally...DH and that Silent Setter are a force to be reckoned with!!

I have these, I think. These and Creative Imaginations large eyelets have been the worst for me. I have had every setter under the moon (MM, moonshine designs, clickit, doodlebug, and fiskars), and the best one I can find for these eyelets is the newer fiskars spring load setter. They come in sets of three and look like a big spring. 3 taps and these set without an issue. They are available at shopathometv.com and some wal-marts have them.

Before I got this setter, DFi, would beat my Moonshine setter to death with a hammer and that worked OK, but they never were really as "set" as I like them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter