Angela & David *Planning Journal*- Update 12/11/08- (pg 5)

The links don't work when I click on them, but when I copy it and paste it into my browser window, it works.

Angela - That is absolutely gorgeous on you! :faint: Congratulations on finding your perfect dress!

Yay the copy and paste thing worked! The dress is BEAUTIFUL!
I love the buttons and the lace. :lovestruc The buttons are my favorite part of my dress too! I agree with it looking better on you than the model. The model makes the dress look bad and that just isn't so! Im so happy for you and the luck man your marrying! ;)

Love it! You look beautiful in the dress! I also agree about it looking better on you than on the model!

Okie dokie. Freak out session really kicked my butt into gear. I've made some serious decisions. I don't remember if I told you guys or not, but we've officially decided to go with the Vintage Boardwalk theme, everyone seems to love this idea... although, it's not very original :lmao: ! So... I'm not particularly sticking to wedding colors, for now I'm going with the flow. A BM and I went to try on more dresses... me so that I can feel better about my dress decision, and her, because she hadn't tried any on last time, and I wanted to see the champagne color in person- which I immediately HATED. So boring. I then called up David and we had a mini pow-wow right there in the bridal shop about colors, and we landed on pale yellow! So, I'm letting the girls pick whatever dress they want as long as it's not full length, and is the "canary" from David's Bridal (it is a HIDEOUS color online, but in person very pretty!:rotfl:)

Anywoo... I did end up changing dresses! I put my top three dresses on from the first time I tried dresses on, and I knew for sure immediately. My original dress I didn't even like any more... I actually hated it, oops. So now this is my dress (again... only links, because David lurks!):

http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=2298&prodgroup=127

Now if I could just look like her in it! :rotfl2: Here is when I tried it on the first time:

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Wedding%20Dresses/CIMG1074.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Wedding%20Dresses/CIMG1072.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Wedding%20Dress%20search-%20part%202/CIMG1112.jpg

Ignore the weird face in the last one.

Now... as I said, the girls can pick out whatever they like, as long as it's the color we picked out. Here is the one my BM Natalie picked out:

http://davidsbridal.com/bridesmaids_bycolor_detail.jsp?stid=3332&sid=18800&cfid=41

Please ignore the hideousness that is this fake color... I swear it does not look like maccaroni and cheese yellow in person! That's all for now :hippie:

Fixed :) I love the dress!

why aren't the links working for me??? I wanna see!!!!

I can't see the pictures either. :confused3

I'm so sorry, I'm not sure what I did wrong?

The links don't work when I click on them, but when I copy it and paste it into my browser window, it works.

Angela - That is absolutely gorgeous on you! :faint: Congratulations on finding your perfect dress!

Oh thank you!

Yay the copy and paste thing worked! The dress is BEAUTIFUL!
I love the buttons and the lace. :lovestruc The buttons are my favorite part of my dress too! I agree with it looking better on you than the model. The model makes the dress look bad and that just isn't so! Im so happy for you and the luck man your marrying! ;)

Oh wow! Thanks for the compliment, you make me blush :blush: I'm not so sure if I look better than the model, but you definitely make me feel good!

Love it! You look beautiful in the dress! I also agree about it looking better on you than on the model!

Thank you, thank you!

Fixed :) I love the dress!

Thanks. i'm really not sure what I did wrong? :confused3 but thanks for the help!

I agree with Lindsay! The dress looks more flattering on you than the model. I really love the detailing on the back, an the train! It's beautiful!

Oh my I'm really freaking out. Ok, we are thinking about either changing the theme (asain) or my dress. Here is my mad computer skills whipped up to give you an idea as what I'm facing here.

Asian look: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Wedding%20Dresses/Publication1-1.jpg
40's Boardwalk (I think?) look: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Wedding%20Dresses/Publication2.jpg

Now... do I stick with my asian theme, and change dresses. Or will that clash too much with SBP, and switch to a more 40s Boardwalk feel theme and keep the dresses and switch BM outfits!?!?!?

Please help me before I have a coronary.

I really like the 40's look and i really love your dress its do delicate and feminine
:lovestruc

I agree - the dress looks SO much better on you than the model. It looks like it was designed and made for you, it is absolutely gorgeous!

Oh wow, it's been forever since I've updated! Goodness! Ok... my dress is in and getting cleaned. Since I knew I was getting married I've been 100% anti-veil... I don't like things on my head, and well, the other day I bit my tongue and started swirling around in the store in my new veil :rotfl2: Anyhoo... I've got lots of upity updates for ya gals. Get ready for picture overload:

I (finally) decided on a wedding ring! Get ready for the blingage:
By itself:
CIMG1849.jpg

With the ering:
CIMG1853.jpg

2/3 Bridesmaids have picked their dresses (it's been like pulling chicken teeth... I had to drag them into DB by their hair!)
BM #1:
bridesmaide_dress_001.jpg

bridesmaide_dress_002.jpg

She loves her shoes! I told her she DEFINITELY had to wear those in the wedding :rotfl2:

BM #2 (My sister):
CIMG1887.jpg

With her actual shoes:
CIMG1924.jpg

The dress will be in the same yellow as the other dress, and she *might* dye the shoes. She's a handful, and she's only 11 (yes, 11!).

My veil (with "my dress" that's two sizes too big!):
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Kaits%20BM%20Dress%20Search/CIMG1919.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Kaits%20BM%20Dress%20Search/CIMG1920.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/carolina_cutie86/Kaits%20BM%20Dress%20Search/CIMG1922.jpg

I hope everyone's summer is going well! I'm bored out of my mind, and job-less, so I'm working on getting some MONEY. The only thing on my plate is I'm thinking about getting a new tattoo (on my foot- either a cherry blossom or a butterfly) or getting my nose pierced, which ever I can talk FI into :lmao: I'm also about to dye my hair from blonde to dark brown with some pink. I'm starting to realize I probably sound like a freak, but I'm not, I swear! My next WR adventure is invitations and budgets for my OOT-ers! I'll post more updates soon. Later gators.

PS: did anyone notice the new smiley's over there ----> They might be old, but I've never seen some of them. My fav :moped: :thumbsup2

Great dresses! Two of my BM picked the scoop neck halter. My BM were so excited to get dresses I had to go to a DB three times in a week. It's a 45 minute drive for me! BTW- you're not the only one! I'm bored stiff because I'm used to being in school 4 days out of the week. I'll be starting summer school soon though and hopefully I will appreciate it! :)

I think the vintage idea is wonderful!

You know, it'd be really hard to come up with something that no one has ever done. Think about it, people have been married scuba diving. ::yes:: I'm sure someone's been married in space! What really matters is that you love it. That's all.

I think everything is beautiful so far (wow on the dress! You make sparkles look awesome! :) ).

I love how you cut the pictures and pasted them in the shot to see if they went together. That was great! :lmao:

Great drssses! I can't believe your sister is only 11! She looks older than two of my bridesmaids (who are 16 and 20)! (I mean that in a nice way!)

Angela -- Okay, not sure what to comment on first. The ring is gorgeous!! :lovestruc The bridesmaid dresses are beautiful -- very flattering. :thumbsup2 Your gown is absolutely stunning on you!! :woohoo: LOVE the pix, thanks for posting!

Ok... I've been a bad Disbride, and I haven't been updating much, but to be honest... I don't have much to update on. Plus, I just realized I have a totally lame PJ. Four pages... four pages :worried: lame. Let's see here.... I'm under 200 days and almost under 6 months! :hyper: Eeeep! It's coming up so soon.

So my life has been kinda weird lately. We had a major death in the family... my cousin (we are very close) had a baby who had been born without an immune system, and after two bone marrow transplants and a 18 months of fighting for his life, he left us. We know he's in a better place now, with a new healthy body! But, it's been hard on us.

My co-MOH finally picked her dress (weee!)
P_3777_1_108871.jpg

Right now I'm working on invites (that aren't a million dollars for 20 invites), a newsletter (which seems weak compared to some of yours), and other random little stuff.

Last little update... I'm leaving for Disney in FIVE days! I'm soooo excited! I start packing on thursday (eeep!).

Is there anything I can do to liven up my PJ and make it more interesting?

So sorry to hear about your loss. :(

PS Your PJ is just fine. A lot of the "interesting" ones don't get REALLY interesting until a couple months from the wedding. I am enjoying reading your plans just as you are writing them. And don't worry about your stuff being "lame". I'm sure it is just fine :)

I'm really sorry about your loss. I hope the rest of your family is healthy. On a happier note, i just found your pj and absolutely love you in your dress with the veil. You look stunning. I hope your trip to Disney went well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter