Andrea & Randy July 2010~My mad Hatter Tea Party Lots of pictures!

Which Mickey Voice Should I Use Link to voices on pg 4

• Dave Prat

• Michael Robles

• Michael Bettis

• Dean

• Sonny

• Craig

• Anders

Results are only viewable after voting.
Day 1
We drove to Florida because we had so much stuff. It is like an 18 hour drive from PA to FL and DH has a manual truck that I cannot drive so he had to drive the whole time. We let around noon and drove all night only to stop to sleep for a couple hours. Here is a picture of a magnetic sign I made to put on our vehicle on our way down. I made them to go on the side doors but DH is in love with his truck and said they would scratch the door and made me put them on the tailgate:laughing:.
P7090057.jpg

When we finally got their DH took a nap and I started to unpack things. Our room was packed with stuff so was my parent’s room.
DSC03390.jpg

I had a lot of trouble with the lady making my aisle runner. She kept saying she was sending it soon and never did. Then when the wedding was a month away she did not respond to my emails or phone calls I thought for sure I was not getting it. Then two weeks later she sent me a message saying she was sending it and the reason she did not respond was because she was at a conference and had no phone or email access. (for two weeks?!!) Then of course I did not get it and no response to emails and phone calls again. She finally sent one back when my dad sent her a message. She said she did not know how to get the runner to me. This is what she does for a living she sells them on eBay and has her own site how does she not know how to ship them? She also forgot that I ordered a table runner that I already paid for. Then it came down to she was going to drop the runner off at our hotel because she lives close to Orlando. She also said that she would give me free chair sashes because of all my trouble. Well I did finally get my runner with a note saying the chair sashes were stained and she would send them later which of course I never got. She was very good at coming up with obviously false excuses. This is not the end of my trouble with her. I’ll write more about this later.

I made special dinner reservations for DH and me the first night we were there. He loves Jikos at the Animal Kingdom lodge and I set up a Sweetheart dinner for us. It was a really nice experience and the food was great. They even let us substitute an appetizer that we really like. We love the BBQ Chicken flat bread it’s so good! It was a really nice time and we got some cute toasting flutes we used for the wedding. The complaint I had was they said we get a bottle of champain and all we got was a glass not that we needed more but the dinner was not cheap.
DSC03407.jpg

yay! You started! I'm sorry you had such issues with your runner. Clearly she is not the one to choose. I wonder how many other brides she was messing up? Well at least you finally got it. That magnetic is really cute. Its a nice touch. I have always wanted to try the sweetheart table but never knew how much it was or if it was worth it. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

Love the preview pictures, the colors are great and the orange really pops.

Wow, that is a lot of stuff! The magnets for the car are really cute. Sorry you had so many issues with the aisle runner lady, I'm glad you finally got the runner at least, but you shouldn't have had to deal with that right before the wedding.

I love Jiko! The sweetheart dinner sounds nice. Looking forward to hearing more.

yay! You started! I'm sorry you had such issues with your runner. Clearly she is not the one to choose. I wonder how many other brides she was messing up? Well at least you finally got it. That magnetic is really cute. Its a nice touch. I have always wanted to try the sweetheart table but never knew how much it was or if it was worth it. I'm glad you guys enjoyed it.

Thanks! Yeah the sweetheart dinner is nice but maybe a little to expensive.

Love the preview pictures, the colors are great and the orange really pops.

Wow, that is a lot of stuff! The magnets for the car are really cute. Sorry you had so many issues with the aisle runner lady, I'm glad you finally got the runner at least, but you shouldn't have had to deal with that right before the wedding.

I love Jiko! The sweetheart dinner sounds nice. Looking forward to hearing more.

Thanks! I never thought orange would be my wedding color but I like how it turned out.

Love, love, love your pics!! Thanks for posting your TR so far, we have a sweetheart dinner booked at Jiko's for our Disneymoon and I have been a bit down on it after reading the reviews here. I might just change it to a regular reservation as we have some other special stuff planned. I will be waiting for more updates!!! popcorn::

Love, love, love your pics!! Thanks for posting your TR so far, we have a sweetheart dinner booked at Jiko's for our Disneymoon and I have been a bit down on it after reading the reviews here. I might just change it to a regular reservation as we have some other special stuff planned. I will be waiting for more updates!!! popcorn::

It was not a bad experience at all. I guess it all depends on how much food you would be buying any way. If we went as a normal meal we would have just gotten one appetizer and no dessert plus our main meal. We got two champagne glasses, paper menus with our names on them and a card signed by the staff was was cool because they signed it in their native languages. But if those things don't impress you I would go with a normal dinner. We did not get like special seating or anything like that. It was nice to do once but I do not think I would do it again.

Day 2
We went to typhoon lagoon and just had a nice relaxing day. I also started taking pictures on my photo pass. I decided before we go there that we would take as many pictures as we could and buy the rights to the pictures. The best place to get a photo pass is the water park because they give you little ones with rubber bands that fit around your wrist. I ended up getting a few hundred pictures. I encouraged my guest to take pictures to because you can combine as many photo cards as you want to put on the CDs but not very many people took advantage of it.

Photo0022.jpg

Photo0078.jpg

My brothers came with us to

Photo0049.jpg

After we went to the water park we went to the Hoop Dee Doo Review! Everyone who came from my family went. We all took a family trip once a long time ago I was maybe 10 and we went to the Hoop Dee Doo Review. So it was nice to go again so may years later. They walked around asking for people who are celebrating their anniversary and when they saw our buttons (I took a just married button and crosses out just and added almost) they announced our names and invited everyone there to our wedding. It was a really good time and good food.

Photo0106.jpg

P71100772.jpg

For some reason this photo comes sideways but you can tell from it Randy had a good time

P71100802.jpg

Day 3
In the morning we went to get our marriage license. I suggest to everyone else to get it by mail I did not realize you could do that until it was to late. The line was rather long and only a few people were working. The same office did passports, marriage license and other things so it took a while and everyone waiting was not in a good mood many filled out their forms ahead of time and had to redo them because they only take one color ink also for the passport you had to have a check this made some people mad.

Later that day we drank around the world. This was a lot of fun! I made up t-shirts that I loved. They had a place to cross off every country once you drank their. We all had fun trying new drinks then checking off the boxes. We made sure to bring little disposable cups so people could share drinks. We started with margaritas in Mexico. We had the most fun at the little pub in England they had a sampler of different beers. This is a really fun event and a great way for people to get to know each other before the wedding. I just wish more wedding guest could have came. Some did not arrive till the next day but this was the only day it fix in the schedule without doing it before a major event. I did not want people being hung over at the tea party or wedding.

The T-shirt

P6020154.jpg

The front of the shirt

P6020150.jpg

Photo0230.jpg

Photo0184.jpg

Photo0164.jpg

Photo0263.jpg

Photo0313.jpg

Thats so fun that you went with a big group to HDDR! We really loved the show and they get so excited with people who are celebrating! I can just imagine how excited they were with you guys. Sorry you had issues with the marriage license. Seems like not many people have annoying experiences getting it. The t-shirt idea is so cute! I love it. That seems like so much fun. I'd love to do that with a big group someday.

great update! We were just barely able to get it by mail, I had to send them a prepaid overnight envelope to be sure we got it back in time, but I'm so glad we did.

The drinking around the world looks so fun! I love the shirts you made and how there was a spot to check off each country. Looking forward to hearing more.

Love the t shirt idea. Looking forward to hearing more:goodvibes

Thanks!

Thats so fun that you went with a big group to HDDR! We really loved the show and they get so excited with people who are celebrating! I can just imagine how excited they were with you guys. Sorry you had issues with the marriage license. Seems like not many people have annoying experiences getting it. The t-shirt idea is so cute! I love it. That seems like so much fun. I'd love to do that with a big group someday.

Yes it was a lot of fun! Thanks!

great update! We were just barely able to get it by mail, I had to send them a prepaid overnight envelope to be sure we got it back in time, but I'm so glad we did.

The drinking around the world looks so fun! I love the shirts you made and how there was a spot to check off each country. Looking forward to hearing more.

Yeah we had fun with the T-shirts other people were asking where they could buy them but I am thinking I ould be in a lot of trouble with Disney if I sold them:laughing:

Your tea party photos are beautiful!! And oh my gosh, that Cheshire Cat cupcake is the CUTEST. THING. EVER. I swear I have never seen a more adorable thing in my life!! :goodvibes

wow, it looks amazing! I love how everything turned out and I agree, those cupcakes are my favorite. I hope they were as tasty as they looked. The lanterns were incredible, I can't believe you made that!

Andrea your teaparty was amazing - but then I expected it to be. All your wedding ideas have been incredible!!

WOW - that's all I kept saying while looking at your pics!! Great job on the DIY projects, everything looks amazing, love your hat - WOW!!!!

I love how you were able to have a lot of group activities right away. It looks like your family had a lot of fun. The shirts are super cute from the drinking around the world :thumbsup2 We also combined the photopasses from our guests, but didn't end up with too many either. Although, in the end I am still glad we did it because I got some images that I would have never gotten any other way.

Fabulous party pics. Looks like everything fell into place just how you planned it. And I love your outfit:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter