And this is how the crazy people RD MK...

This is our typical RD plan with out 4 year old, too. It's so nice to be able to go to any of these rides with no wait.

Love it! Following the lead of your kids is usually the best way to ensure a successful visit and often unplanned memories. We once got to MK at opening and the first thing my son (5 at the time) wanted to do was Country Bear Jamboree. We strolled over there leisurely and got the first show and we were literally the only people in the entire theatre. I can remember the CM joking during her opening disclaimers when she got to "no photos" she said, "or take some, you're the only ones here".

Are the lines that short when you are visiting to fit your timetable? We rope dropped everybtrip but still never got in that many rides in that amount of time.

This is according to touring plans, so we will see when we get there. We are doing EMM the next day, so will hopefully have another shot at whatever we don’t get enough of.

We are going to spend our first morning of our trip in MK letting our kids do their favorite rides. So we will be getting there are RD to do.... the barnstormer!!!

We are going to stop at Buzz and the speedway on the way there!

This is at least a step up from our first trip when our almost three year old twins only wanted to do the carousel at RD.

After they have their fill of Barnstormer and Dumbo, we are going to slowly make our way to Epcot, where we will used our first FP+ of the trip for.... Space Ship Earth! Their next most-requested ride!

Here is my touring plan for your critique/amusement:

Arrive at MK for RD (At YC bus stop for 7:30?)

1)
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
9:08am

2) Astro Orbiter
9:18am

3)
Tomorrowland Speedway
9:26am

4) The Barnstormer
9:46am

5) The Barnstormer
9:53am

6)
The Barnstormer
10:00am

7) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
10:08am

8) Dumbo the Flying Elephant
10:18am

9)
Walt Disney World Railroad Fantasyland Station
10:30am

Boat to Poly and have a lunch here are either Oasis Grill or Capt Cooks.

1:30-2:30 FP+ Space Ship Earth
2:30-3:30 FP+ Soarin'
3:30-4:30 FP+ The LAND

5:30 Dinner at San Angel Inn

LOL. That brought a big smile to my face. I LOVE IT! Do Disney YOUR WAY!
I'm a 57 year old who is going on a big RD Run the other way (Adult Go-To's).
But this is great! ENJOY! :thumbsup2

PS - I think the double BARNSTORMER was what tickled me. I love that ride and do it as often as I can. Line is rarely long and hubby and I used to do it multiple times back to back in the 90's!

On a relatively quiet day, that itinerary will take you to about 11:00, no joke. Astro Orbiters is quite the affair. It takes a while even if you are the first one there. Ditto for the Speedway.

Also, there is no need to be at the bus stop at 7:30 unless you're going during Christmas. If you get there at 8 that'll be plenty of time and you'll still have time before the opening show.

On a relatively quiet day, that itinerary will take you to about 11:00, no joke. Astro Orbiters is quite the affair. It takes a while even if you are the first one there. Ditto for the Speedway.

Also, there is no need to be at the bus stop at 7:30 unless you're going during Christmas. If you get there at 8 that'll be plenty of time and you'll still have time before the opening show.

If it takes until 11, then it takes until 11. If we skip half the stuff, we skip it. If we get there and the kids want to do something completely different, then we do. This is just a guide for when the kids/DH as what we are going to do. I only have "assigned" times because touring plans gives them, not because I think we should be certain places at certain times.

I only have "assigned" times because touring plans gives them, not because I think we should be certain places at certain times.

Just trying to help with a little bit of expectation management. You asked people to critique, and you put times. I'd hate to have a plan in mind and find out it takes way longer to do things than originally thought. That kind of stuff makes me cranky.

Just trying to help with a little bit of expectation management. You asked people to critique, and you put times. I'd hate to have a plan in mind and find out it takes way longer to do things than originally thought. That kind of stuff makes me cranky.

Yes! I totally appreciate the feedback. I just didn't want anyone to think that I was taking my kids' wishes and making militant schedule out of it. Have realistic expectations is exactly why I made the touring plans, so I totally am taking in what you are saying.

Yes! I totally appreciate the feedback. I just didn't want anyone to think that I was taking my kids' wishes and making militant schedule out of it. .

Oh, but I'm sure you know there are PLENTY of itineraries that pop up in these forums that are just that. Militant and planned out to the MINUTE. I don't know how anyone could pinpoint the exact minutes with all the crazy variables WDW throws at us.

We RD'ed Buzz twice in a row on our last trip, and enjoyed it. We also hit the People Mover and Carousel of Progress afterward. It was only after CoP that people started trickling into to Fantasyland.
I would never rope drop CoP. That's where you go when the lines get too long, you're too hot, or you need a rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter