And So It Begins

Stay safe guys!

We desperately need the rain up this way, but a hurricane is not the way I would hope to receive it!

Everytime I hear the weather report on Fay, I think of all my Dis friends. Maybe she won't strengthen. I wish everyone the best.

In Texas, we only have 2 bad weather days set in the schedule. How many do you have in Florida? It sounds like more than us.

we have 4, but they always go for the throat and take away the ones at winter break first...

we haven't heard anything yet from the school boards...i know my school is a shelter, just built and made to withstand cat 5 winds, so we are always the first thrown out...it will be a big pain if we go to our first day and then have days off and then try it all over again...

just got a call...we have school tomorrow...but i doubt it for tuesday

I need to watch TV. I didn't even know there was a hurricane. Hang in there guys. Send some rain our way.

we have 4, but they always go for the throat and take away the ones at winter break first...

we haven't heard anything yet from the school boards...i know my school is a shelter, just built and made to withstand cat 5 winds, so we are always the first thrown out...it will be a big pain if we go to our first day and then have days off and then try it all over again...

just got a call...we have school tomorrow...but i doubt it for tuesday

Ouch! Winter break that hurts! I hope it is only Tuesday.

Well last night both Wal-Mart's in our area ran out of batteries so everyone made a mad dash for THD. Items coming thru my register??? Batteries, bottled water, gas cans, lots of trash bags (???), and we sold 8 generators yesterday (hurry in folks - only 2 left). One guy cracked me up...he bought 15 gallons of paint saying if he was going to have a few extra days off - he'd use it to paint a vacant house he has for rent! Now that's what I call practical!!

I commented to the store manager that if he really wants to see some business...take out all the "fluff stuff" (blinds, area rugs) and restock with coolers and cold beer!!:thumbsup2 Ka-Ching!!!

Well, it looks like we will have a Hurricane Day tommorrow. Guess what day is make up? Yep, right smack during our Disney trip! I hope her teacher understands that this is not OK! Do you think if I invite her teacher I can get it as an excused absence?

Well, it looks like we will have a Hurricane Day tommorrow. Guess what day is make up? Yep, right smack during our Disney trip! I hope her teacher understands that this is not OK! Do you think if I invite her teacher I can get it as an excused absence?

I would consider this an educational trip!

Everybody please stay safe!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone to come through with no damage and very few hangovers!!!!! :goodvibes

Well their closing the office at 2:00 we're under the Hurricane warning now. I sure hope Fay does not strengthen. Looks too much like Charley's path to my liking.

Keep your fingers crossed people. :flower3:

We just got home - took off early today. We have 2 full generators, 4 full gas cans, filled the car, and stocked up on junk food!! Fay's picking up strength, and we're ready for her! :goodvibes :cool1:

We just got home - took off early today. We have 2 full generators, 4 full gas cans, filled the car, and stocked up on junk food!! Fay's picking up strength, and we're ready for her! :goodvibes :cool1:

For Heaven's sake, DON'T forget the junk food! :scared1:

Don't forget the beer! The otters are really upset - Garden Grocer won't deliver to River Country!

This dang storm better not slow the delivery of my golf cart controller!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter