And so it begins.....EBOLA is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes he did and Dr. Brantley said it was like a miracle because he just so happened to be close enough that he could give the blood and they could quickly get it to the man and that he was a match. Mr. Duncan's doctors have said he was not a match for Brantley's blood or any of the other survivors here in the US.

Yes, I know.

Brantly was on a road trip and stopped at a nearby hospital to have blood taken. That blood was then flown to where the American journalist is (I don't know the location, haven't followed it that closely).

If his family thought he had Ebola after he was sent home from the hospital the first time, they should have taken him right back and started yelling "Ebola".

I'm very sorry for their loss, but they don't deserve any kind of monetary pay out. He received a week and a half of intensive medical treatment, most likely for free. While I sincerely wish he could have been saved, his family deserves no compensation for his death.

I was referring to the Dallas deputy who went to the hospital today with symptoms similar to Ebola.

MJ

Sorry, I am trying to do too many things at once. I know you were referring to the deputy. He was in the apartment for 30 min. to an hour and could have touch something that was contaminated, if he has Ebola.

I'm just saying that a person can get it even with no direct contact because of the journalist. He had no direct contact.

I worry about the guy that pressure washed the sidewalks from Mr. Duncan's vomit.

Sorry, I am trying to do too many things at once. I know you were referring to the deputy. He was in the apartment for 30 min. to an hour and could have touch something that was contaminated, if he has Ebola.

I'm just saying that a person can get it even with no direct contact because of the journalist. He had no direct contact.

I worry about the guy that pressure washed the sidewalks from Mr. Duncan's vomit.

You and me both. :worried:

This is concerning to me (from the Dallas article above):

“We were told by federal officials, county officials that you would have to come in direct contact with Duncan or bodily fluids, and he did not,” said Monnig’s son, Logan about the possibility of his dad contracting Ebola.
Monning was not one of the 48 people being monitored by federal, state and local health officials because he never had direct contact with the patient. Monnig did enter the apartment where Duncan stayed after Duncan had been admitted to the hospital.
“He was in the apartment for 30 minutes, which we were told is no chance to contact the virus,” said Logan.

Let's hope it is not Ebola.

But, this means that he did NOT have direct contact with Mr. Duncan but was just in his apartment for 30 minutes and was NOT even being monitored. How many other people that were in that apartment are not being monitored.

I do not see how officials can say that they have everyone being monitored who needed to be when obviously they did not.

MJ

When the woman in Spain contracted Ebola, we all had the same level of panic. "How did she get it? She followed protocol!" And then, days later, we learn she may have gotten fluids on her face when removing gloves.

Now, to play devil's advocate, who is to say this cop didn't touch something in the house? Who is to say Duncan's feces or vomit wasn't on the floor of the apartment, however small the molecule, and it got on the cop's shoes? The cop goes home, removes his clothes, takes off his shoes, and then touches his face. Instant contact, instant chance of increased exposure.

It's the same way when other viruses are spread in public locations. If Jane uses the bathroom and doesn't wash her hands, but goes to shop afterwards and touches a fishing rod, and someone else touches that fishing rod and then their face or their food, it's increased contact. Which is why, above all, the public must be told to wash their hands and restrict touching their face as much as possible.

If his family thought he had Ebola after he was sent home from the hospital the first time, they should have taken him right back and started yelling "Ebola".

I'm very sorry for their loss, but they don't deserve any kind of monetary pay out. He received a week and a half of intensive medical treatment, most likely for free. While I sincerely wish he could have been saved, his family deserves no compensation for his death.
I just ran across this very interesting article about Mr. Duncan, his past, his family, and the timeline of events.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/06/u...ction=US Open&region=Article&module=Promotron

I don't think the deputy is going to be positive for Ebola. Duncan's relatives lived in that apartment for 5 days before it was cleaned and none of them has come down with symptoms. I really wish that we would quit getting news of people being treated for Ebola like symptoms - which could be so many other things. We went through this in DC last week and neither patient was positive for Ebola.

I found the nurse's account interesting except for one thing. Ebola patients do not exhibit cold like symptoms such as sneezing.

from CNN- The police officer's union is now saying there are three possible cases of Ebola in Dallas. Two more officers are feeling sick.
Obviously, it could be anything, but I'm just adding the breaking news to the thread.

I live here, and watched to local news conference. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict this cop doesn't have Ebola. He's just scared, and his ONLY symptom was a stomach ache. I don't believe he even has a fever. If the family members who LIVED in that apartment aren't sick (unless they're lying to the public- which is possible) then I think it's nearly impossible this police officer has Ebola. It's just a very scared, and justifiably so, public! We're slightly nervous here... :worried: With all the lying the government does, no one trusts a word they say, about ANYTHING. And with the things they COULD be doing to prevent more cases from showing up here, and they refuse to do, it makes you wonder what the heck they're thinking.:confused3

Wonderwoman1982 said:
I live here, and watched to local news conference. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict this cop doesn't have Ebola. He's just scared, and his ONLY symptom was a stomach ache. I don't believe he even has a fever. If the family members who LIVED in that apartment aren't sick (unless they're lying to the public- which is possible) then I think it's nearly impossible this police officer has Ebola. It's just a very scared, and justifiably so, public! We're slightly nervous here... With all the lying the government does, no one trusts a word they say, about ANYTHING. And with the things they COULD be doing to prevent more cases from showing up here, and they refuse to do, it makes you wonder what the heck they're thinking

But this is why the people with actual Ebola were sort of blown off - because everyone thinks they're "just anxious". The Spanish nurse had to insist she be tested for Ebola. Mr. Duncan was sent away initially. It does have to be taken seriously, we can''t have it both ways! Exposure to ebola puts one in a high risk category - and so this police officer is at high risk for infection by virtue of the fact that he was in the apartment soiled with the virus. One reason the family may be ok is that (according to the article I just posted) both the girlfriend and her daughter work as nurse's aides and were cognizant of hygenic practices. Heck, the daughter took a bath in clorox and water when she came home from taking him to the hospital! Perhaps the police weren't as experienced with such things. Just a thought.

I don't think the deputy is going to be positive for Ebola. Duncan's relatives lived in that apartment for 5 days before it was cleaned and none of them has come down with symptoms. I really wish that we would quit getting news of people being treated for Ebola like symptoms - which could be so many other things. We went through this in DC last week and neither patient was positive for Ebola.

I found the nurse's account interesting except for one thing. Ebola patients do not exhibit cold like symptoms such as sneezing.

I think it is very unlikely he has it. I'm glad they are reporting it because it gets people talking about it and becoming more informed. I don't think people are in panic mode or reporting it is causing panic.

But this is why the people with actual Ebola were sort of blown off - because everyone thinks they're "just anxious". The Spanish nurse had to insist she be tested for Ebola. Mr. Duncan was sent away initially. It does have to be taken seriously, we can''t have it both ways! Exposure to ebola puts one in a high risk category - and so this police officer is at high risk for infection by virtue of the fact that he was in the apartment soiled with the virus. One reason the family may be ok is that (according to the article I just posted) both the girlfriend and her daughter work as nurse's aids and were cognizant of hygenic practices. Heck, the daughter took a bath in clorox and water when she came home from taking him to the hospital! Perhaps the police weren't as experienced with such things. Just a thought.

Indeed. :thumbsup2

But this is why the people with actual Ebola were sort of blown off - because everyone thinks they're "just anxious". The Spanish nurse had to insist she be tested for Ebola. Mr. Duncan was sent away initially. It does have to be taken seriously, we can''t have it both ways! Exposure to ebola puts one in a high risk category - and so this police officer is at high risk for infection by virtue of the fact that he was in the apartment soiled with the virus. One reason the family may be ok is that (according to the article I just posted) both the girlfriend and her daughter work as nurse's aids and were cognizant of hygenic practices. Heck, the daughter took a bath in clorox and water when she came home from taking him to the hospital! Perhaps the police weren't as experienced with such things. Just a thought.

:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter