Anaheim Plaza Hotel

djk

Mouseketeer
The Anaheim Plaza Hotel has some great rates, which of course, makes me wonder why it's so much lower priced than many of the surrounding properties. For those of you who have stayed there, how did you like it?

It was just okay a few years ago but consistently been going downhill in my experience. As it is planned to be demolished at some point the place is showing it's age and rarely issues are being resolved. Also the biggest "issue" is the fact the water temperature can go from scalding to cold in seconds and those who have stayed several times have noticed this is consistent.

There aren't a lot of cheap options now but I would recommend Super 8 on Katella , Alpine Inn , Desert Inn or Red Lion ( even with the resort fee/parking fees) before this place.
We acyually got Marriott Suites in Garden Grove for $52/night for next week March 2nd-6th on Priceline express deal. Even after parking it's still a good deal for us. Uber is easy enough for us when we can't stay walking distance.

We stayed there a year ago, and it was just ok. We probably would not stay there again. Our AC did not work the best, and it just felt a little dingy.

We stayed there once many years ago. It was okay. The rooms are larger than most of the other nearby hotels. BUT the place is old and rumored to be replaced soon. It depends on the dates you're looking at (how soon, and how busy) but a lot of times the Desert Inn or some of the other places mentioned above can be had for just a little more. Note they do NOT offer a free breakfast, rather they have a restaurant on property where you could buy breakfast.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll scratch this one off my list. We don't need anything fancy when we go to DLR. We just don't spend that much time in the room. But I think a functioning shower and AC are to be expected. Thanks again.

Let me give a good review then. Mind you, I stayed there in 2014 and things may have changed in 2.5 years but I didn't mind it. Water was fine. A/C worked great.

It's not a new hotel by any means but if you're on a budget and don't care for all the frills or appearance of a nicer hotel, the price point and proximity to DL is fantastic. No elevators to deal with and you can be from door to DL gate in under 10 minutes easily. Given we stayed in our hotel room very little (apart from sleeping and an afternoon break where we went to the pool), I'd stay there again if the price was good. The money we saved at the Anaheim Plaza helped offset the trip big time.

I stayed there in August of last year last minute 3 night stay and while it is a motel for sure it was clean, no bugs and the staff was friendly. The pool area was nice though the hot tub was HOT. The lounge area had a good happy hour with a great margarita special. Our room was large and we did not feel crowded despite also getting a roll away. I would stay here again for sure.

Thanks for the input! I think I'll scratch this one off my list. We don't need anything fancy when we go to DLR. We just don't spend that much time in the room. But I think a functioning shower and AC are to be expected. Thanks again.

You sound like us. We really aren't very picky. I think taking it off your list is wise. We stayed there a few times 2007 - 2010. The first few times were acceptable. But the last one the water temp went from freezing to scalding over and over. It was nearly impossible to shower. That was enough for us to switch hotels for future visits.

The grounds reminded me a little of Tower of Terror which could be good or bad . Not big enough for a family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids under 6). No problems really and would be fine especially if it's just 2 adults who stay all day in parks

I heard they tend to charge a lot of fees so the low rate might not be so low when you get the final bill.

my family stayed there in December for a few nights.... it was inexpensive,clean,and right next to the entrance! We'd stay there again if we went to DL.... it really was a fantastic bargain (I think about 80 per night) I especially liked my MIL's room which had a cute little private courtyard.... everything was freshly painted.

We stayed there a few months ago. Clean and good service, but very old. We've found we can usually get the Quality Inn by HoJo's for about the same price, and it is a better experience if an extra minute or two walk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter