Anabella Review

Piglet99645

DIS Veteran
I'm here right now and have a few thoughts.

Pros: large room. (Concierge suite with a king, double and single pullout). Ground floor. Large bathroom. Lots of counter space outside bathroom. Solid surface floors feel cleaner than carpet. Plenty of towels. Mini fridge is spacious. Clean to my standards. Restaurant food is good. (Breakfast and happy hour). Heat/AC both work great, and we have needed both. Free luggage storage (not including tip) as we arrived at 10 am and went to the parks until checkin. Restaurant next door. Walk to DTD is nice with palm trees etc. (nicer than walking down Harbor and thru the tram lot)

Cons: the rooms are more dated than pics suggest. None of it bothers me but I know some people are picky about cosmetic issues.

When the sofa bed is open it's hard to get to the fridge or the door.

There is litte counter space in the bathroom.

Would be nice to have a second sink outside the bathroom

The walk is significantly further than BWPPI, Desert Inn, or even Anaheim Plaza, all of which I've stayed in before. It's only 1/3 mile to the Grand Californian but they won't let us go thru the hotel. There is security on the sidewalk checking room keys and restaurant reservations. The first two days we just kept walking and went in by the Conference Center, which didn't have security. (The first day by accident. Second day on purpose). But the third day the security on the first corner actually redirected us to cross the street toward DTD instead of walking toward the conference center. They are being very strict, so the advice elsewhere on here that you can save about 15 minutes by cutting thru the hotel is no longer valid. (That being said, we've had no problem leaving CA or DTD thru the hotel). I even saw them turn away guests from Paradise Pier and not let them into the GC. I thought that went a bit far, since those folks were paying Disney property room prices.

I find the walk from Anabella thru DTD to the front gate of Disneyland to be unacceptably long, so I won't stay here again. Perhaps a very fit person would think it was fine. But all the walking at Disney is plenty for me.

Neutral: keurig coffee maker. Good if you want to bring your cups. I don't like Keurigs. Housekeeping didn't come until 5 pm the first day when we were back for a break. The front desk failed to give us our meal vouchers (came with concierge room) so we missed out on breakfast the first day. They didn't bother to apologize. The customer service has not been amazing. Just average. The pool looks nice.

Going through the Grand has never saved us 15 minutes FWIW. Yes it's a bit longer to pass PPH, go left towards DLH and allll the way through DTD, but it's not absolutely utterly horrid. FWIW I love Anabella so much I'd deal with it. :) Especially if we get club level and have a nice breakfast before the walk.

So can you even wander around in the GCH anymore, really? I mean if you're not staying there or have dining reservations, obviously.

So can you even wander around in the GCH anymore, really? I mean if you're not staying there or have dining reservations, obviously.

You can, you just have to enter through the DTD entrance instead of the main entrance.

Going through the Grand has never saved us 15 minutes FWIW. Yes it's a bit longer to pass PPH, go left towards DLH and allll the way through DTD, but it's not absolutely utterly horrid. FWIW I love Anabella so much I'd deal with it. :) Especially if we get club level and have a nice breakfast before the walk.

It's always worth it when you find a hotel that feels like home. I'm still trying out hotels until I find the right fit for my family. First world problems!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter