An occasional Quote

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Every now and then I will post here a random quote by Robin Williams. As you know this "funny man" was actually very depressed and lyrical in real life... we can learn a lot from him.

"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy; because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless; and they don't want anyone else to feel like that."

Every now and then I will post here a random quote by Robin Williams. As you know this "funny man" was actually very depressed and lyrical in real life... we can learn a lot from him.

"I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy; because they know what it's like to feel absolutely worthless; and they don't want anyone else to feel like that."

I agree with this wholeheartedly. ❤️

Perfect thread. Hope you don't mind if I add one. It's such a great excuse to go and remind myself of some of the things he said.

“Don’t associate yourself with toxic people. It’s better to be alone and love yourself, than surrounded by people that make you hate yourself.”

I know these movie quotes weren't his, but I feel they could have been: -

“You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.”
Dead Poets Society

And, especially,

“I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way.”
Dead Poets Society

I really think we have had enough of celebrities lecturing the rest of us from their 'platforms', but Robin Williams... ah, I wish he was still here to share his thoughts.

He didn't say the 'right' things to appear 'good' or direct people, did he? He was funny, inspiring and moving. He questioned things, he challenged things -- he used humor to do it, but he was also willing, it seemed to me, to shift his entire perspective. He was willing to think and see wider and deeper.

A good one regarding covid...

"If we're going to fight a disease, let's fight one of the most terrible diseases of all, indifference."

"You know what music is? God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, every where, even the stars."

"You’ve got to be crazy! It’s too late to be sane, too late. You’ve got to go full tilt bozo... ‘Cause you’re only given a little spark of madness... and if you lose that, you’re nothing"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter