An important message from Magic Vacation Title, LLC to all of our Disney Customers:

Oh wow. This is scary.

I bet there are a few who accidentally replied blindly. Let's pray they can all recover any lost funds.

Exactly. While some of us already know about this scam, and continue to build awareness, there are MANY that have no idea this is happening.

Has anyone received closing docs from Magic Vacation Title in the past week or two? DVCRM said estoppel came in but when I emailed I got no reply. They must be backed up due to the IT issue?

p.s. I have since received closing docs and email from them.

Last edited:
I'm concerned that here it is January 20th and I was sent a phishing email from what appeared to be Magic Vacation Title. To date I have not been contacted from Magic Vacation Title to warn me of this breach. I would expect a better recovery plan to be in place from a title company.

Same for me. Lots of phishing email from scammers, zero communication from the title company.

If you are currently in the process of buying, I strongly recommend that you tell your agent you want to use a different title company. There's no fee or anything, these sellers just have to agree which of course they will

I'm still receiving forwarded emails from hackers requesting updated payment information. two yesterday.

I received a few of these e-mails when it first occurred. Then nothing, so I thought they'd fixed the problem. Now I just received a few again today. What have they done to correct the situation?

I received a few of these e-mails when it first occurred. Then nothing, so I thought they'd fixed the problem. Now I just received a few again today. What have they done to correct the situation?

Just based on my own experience in the field, the company has done what it can to re-secure their account, but since it appears the attacher attacker scraped the inbox and contact list, these kind of spammy emails will probably continue.

Looking at the email envelope data in one I received yesterday, they're now coming from random servers/addresses - not ***'s Google Mail accounts. So most likely the spam/scammers are using these kind of 'burner' email systems.

The good news: you can help. The big email providers (Google, yahoo, Microsoft, etc) have a "Reputation System". Every email domain/address is given a Reputation score based on open rates, and spam/junkmail reports. The more you click the 'Spam', 'Report to Spam' buttons or drag/drop an email into the Spam/Junk folder (or even delete without opening) in your email tool/client, the more you can impact an email/domain's reputation score.

I read elsewhere that they believe this is a new attack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter