An Ebay shipping help!

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I sold a camera this weekend. They buyer Paypaled right away and I was going to ship yesterday. The item was over 250.00 so I chose to use UPS and get signature confirm, as per Paypal. So DH goes to UPS and puts in the address and Box # given. The address is a PO Box which UPS doesn;t deliver to. ARGH!! I even state in the auction no Po BOx!

So I emailed the buyer last night and no response. As soon as I received payment I emailed saying I would send him the UPS tracking # so he would know when to be home to sign for the package. I didn't get a response for that either. I realize he could be on vacation but I just wanted to close the whole transaction. I asked the buyer to send me 2 separate Paypal payments so I could ship to the PO Box without getting signature confirmation. I told him I would refund the first payment of course. Any advice??

Don't understand what you mean when you say you asked him to send two paymnets and you would refund one. I would never do that and don't understand it, but maybe I just am reading it wrong

Anyway The good old US Post Office will overnight and will deliver to a P.O. Box. Obviously you would still not get a signature confirmation, but I am sure you will be able to get delivery confirmation and tracking number. If you dont hear anything back maybe look into that.

I don't understand the double payment thing either. I also don't understand why you don't just send it USPS with Priority or Express and get Delivery Confirmation AND insurance. That way you WILL have ample proof when the item gets delivered and you can still use PAYPAL to print and ship. You don't have to ship UPS to use Paypal's shipping service.

There are several methods through the Post Office where you can get signature confirmation. One is Certified Mail. Another is Insurance for $50 or above. A third is Express Mail. Take the camera, all boex up, along with address labels with you to the Post Office. They will help you decide the best way.

If you live in the US, the post office provides signature confirmation which is only $1.80 added onto the shipping fee. They would get a slip in their PO Box saying to go to the counter to pick up their package.

Thanks I didn't know you could get signature confirmation to a PO box. Now I just hope he responds so the package isn;t just stuck at the Post Office.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter