• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An Awesome 1/2 Marathon Memory

keenercam

Loves Mickey!
I was thinking today about 2 very awesome moments from the 1/2.

At one point, I was listening to my music and the song "another day" from Rent was on. I shared one of my headphones with Rhonda and sang at the top of my lungs: "No other road. No other way. No day but today!" She totally GOT it and was not in the least bit embarassed by me.

Second, suddenly we heard some women coming up behind us singing "zippity doo dah!" Rhonda and I joined in. As we walked along more and more people joined in. We screamed "WHAT A WONDERFUL DAY!"

I am getting all teary-eyed just thinking of those moments and so many more just as moving.

Thanks to those wonderful ladies who started the Zippity Doo Dah song. :love: And thank you, Rhonda, for jumping right in to sing with me, no matter how bad my voice was! :cloud9:

That's great Cam, sounds like you and Rhonda had a great time!

:surfweb: I just wanted to throw this guy in here because I think he is so funny!

:rockband: That's a really cool memory, Cam! Sorry I missed out on the song

Cam - those are 2 moments I remember most fondly as well :) I was not the least bit embarrassed by your singing and gladly shared your headphones for that great song.

And singing Zippity doo dah was so fun - such a spontaneous magical moment! Remember how the ladies who started singing it didn't remember all the words and so we ended up singing that part alone??? :rotfl:

My other favorite thing along the course was the Disney Cruise Line setup with the horn playing and the pretend funnels on display. Since Cam and I met on the Magic in 2001, it was a really neat thing to see during the race.

I am looking forward to more wonderful memories during the Minnie 15K and the full next year - both with my fabulous friend Cam :lovestruc

I'll be there for an encore of Zippety Do dah next year!!! Sounds magical and fun to me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter