Amtrak's "rail sale" likely fares from DC to Orlando for the summer?

Selket

Been there - done that
I noticed in a previous thread that someone from NJ (I think) got a $20ish one way fare to Orlando from Amtrak's "rail sale" section. I checked it last night and saw that they had $17 one way fares available in May from Washington, DC to Orlando available in May.

Has anyone seen similar deals in the summer months of June-August? I'd rather go then and May isn't possible. I"m just wondering how likely it is we'd luck out on such a fare in the summer months.

The summer months are "prime-time" for the Florida trains, so a Railsale fare is very unlikely on those routes, at least not North of Orlando, after the first of June or thereabouts. Trains from Orlando to Miami more frequently have such fares ($6.40), in an attempt to fill seats as the trains start to empty-out going South, but not North of there.

Stranger things have happened with Amtrak marketing, but your best bet here is probably to book a conventional reservation ASAP for the lowest currently available fare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter