American Girls Doll?

My 4 year old was given 2 dolls from our friends 14 year old daughter. My DD loves them and they have withstood a lot including plane trips. They keep there value and the quality can't be beat.

Does anyone happen to have the item # for the Costco gift cards? My store doesn't carry them and I'd like to call a few other stores to see if I can track them down. Thanks! :)

AG dolls are totally worth the money. A few friends have the Walmart and Michael's dolls and they are no where near the quality of AG dolls! The price for accessories is excessive, so we tend to purchase Our Generation clothes and accessories from Target. They fit/work well. We were fortunate to pick up Isabelle and Cecil in recent years from Jill's Steals and Deals, but was bummed that none were offered this year. I will have to check Costco to see if they have Caroline.

Our DD received her first AG doll at age 3 - because she started wearing glasses & saw the catalog & said "Look, Molly looks just like me!" She adored this doll and it is still in excellent condition! We did take her to AG store in NYC to have her hair rebraided a few years ago. (DD is now 22!) She read ALL the books and excelled in history classes because of it. (she even minored in European Studies in college!) She also has Kit, because she loved her stories. These dolls are still displayed on her shelf in her bedroom. I even have Samantha displayed in our living room - I love the Victorian era! Definitely worth the price for the quality.

Just a note; I was at my local Costco today and they are completely sold out of Bitty Baby and only have a few Caroline dolls left. I don't know if they will restock.

My daughter had the Rebecca doll for over a year when the clip broke in the dolls hair .we called them and they found it in their system that we had brought the doll from them they sent us out a new clip without any questions asked .Now we have Rebecca ,Grace ,Julie ,and Maryellen .We brought the bakery and I have to say it was worth the money .Our daughter plays with it almost very day and the pieces are so real looking .I was worried about the big price tag but it's getting it's money's worth I plan to keep around and one day when we have grandchildren pass it on.My daughters loves them and I think she will hold onto them even when she is to big to play with dolls anymore .

AG is definitely worth the price for the dolls themselves. I'm 35 and have my AG doll (Molly) that I got when I was 9, and she is still in excellent condition. I also have Samantha & Felicity that belonged to my younger sister, and they got played with harder and are still in great shape as well. (I think she was 5 when she got Samantha.)

They also have excellent customer service and a "doll hospital" where you can send the dolls to be repaired or even have parts replaced. You pay for this service, but it's much cheaper than buying a whole new doll and the dolls come back in a hospital gown with a balloon and a certificate of good health. It's really cute.

Just handed down my first AG doll (that I bought at 7 - yes, my mom made me buy her - lots of saving for a 7-year-old :-) to my daughter. They are good quality and DD loves them! At 4, I know she really isn't "ready" yet and that the dolls will get " too much" love to stay in good shape, but watching her play with them it's totally worth it! I wish I could just buy h some off-brand accessories and save some $, but I love the AG stuff too much :-)

American girl.com has the Grace doll at about 30% off (about $84) online today as part of their daily deal. Other Grace accesories are also on sale. Hope this helps someone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter