amazon shopping

zoemurr

DIS Veteran
Is there a way to make it so that every thing I look at doesn't come up on the home page? Drives me crazy during Christmas shopping! Thanks!

Is there a way to make it so that every thing I look at doesn't come up on the home page? Drives me crazy during Christmas shopping! Thanks!
Yes, turn off recommendations. Go to you account>browsing history>scroll down to edit browsing history and turn it off. It used to be much simpler but you can still do it.

Ok.. that helped some.. but there is still a place that says, "Inspired by your shopping trends.." and the very first thing is the big gift I was getting for DD.. ugh..

Did you click, "remove history?" There used to be buttons to just turn them off.

eta: You can go to that item on your page and click "remove" as well.

I was wondering this too. I hate that those items are always right there when you go on the site. I actually ended up seeing a gift DH and DD picked out for me last yr. - they told me not to open a package coming from Amazon, but they didn't realize when I logged in the "recently viewed" items would be right there( I of course did not tell them and it was Disney themed so I was very excited to open it anyway!).

Why not make your own Amazon account instead of sharing one. That's what my husband and I do. He logs into his and I log into mine. We never see each others stuff. :confused3

Did you click, "remove history?" There used to be buttons to just turn them off.

eta: You can go to that item on your page and click "remove" as well.

I did. The heading just went from "items you've viewed" to "top picks for you" or something like that.. not exactly what I looked at, but close enough to give things away.

It's more the kids I am worried about. They are teenagers and know most of what they are getting anyway, but we all love browsing amazon for ideas. I think if I remember to log out it is ok.. and I understand why they do it.. but I HATE THIS FEATURE. As soon as I log in there are spoilers right on the home page. If they want to look something up or help me shop for dad/grandma/whatever it gives things away.

Maybe keep deleting my cookies? Why do they make this so hard? Not cool amazon.

Why not make your own Amazon account instead of sharing one. That's what my husband and I do. He logs into his and I log into mine. We never see each others stuff. :confused3

We only have one mail account, would that still work for two people? I can't figure out how Amazon Lightning deals work.

We only have one mail account, would that still work for two people? I can't figure out how Amazon Lightning deals work.

You only have one account, as in you and your husband share one? Get another email through Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, wherever and set up another account on Amazon with your own login.

Try using incognito browsing. That's what Chrome calls it, but the other browsers have a similar feature. It's supposed to not store cookies so any shopping you do shouldn't be recorded (unless you save to a wish list). Also, don't logon to Amazon unless you're ready to buy.

Yeah that happens after you've been married a while.:duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter