Am I the only one?

Cherry

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Am I the only one who can't see the great new logos that everyone is getting? I haven't been able to see graphics in posts or the signature logos since they started working on the board. I can see the avatars, though. I know others can see them, because everyone is saying how great they are! There was one day last week when they showed up, but just for that one day. Is anyone else having this problem?

Wait - I was wrong, today I can't see the avatars, either.

Hey guys... Check in your user cp (top of page) and look under edit options. Make sure the box for show users avatar and signiture and image in posts is checked yes. During the upgrade some of these things may have changed. If not try posting on the Tech board they may be able to help.

I can see signatures, but not avatars and my avatar box *is* checked yes.

Maybe they are still tweaking the boards on the new server. They do seem to be running slow even though I have a broadband connection.

I'm sure they are hard at work fine tuning it all and the sigs & avatars will eventually return for everyone! :)

~Nancy~

Well no one can see the avtars. That was one of the things that were lost in change to the new boards and server.

:( :(

Debbie

Thanks for the help, everyone! And special thanks to Nat -- you were exactly right. The box for showing signatures had come unchecked. I thought I had looked there before, but I went and looked again, when I checked the box everyone's signatures showed up! Thanks so much -- now I can appreciate all these new logos everyone is getting.

Actually, I was beginning to think it was all a conspiracy, that you guys didn't really have new logos and were just trying to drive me crazy (not a far drive) trying to figure out why I couldn't see them!

Now Cherry, do you really think a fellow cheerleader would do that????? :jester:

Does this mean that my avatar...Belle and the Prince gazing into each other's eyes before the hottest kiss in Disney history...is forever lost in cyberspace????

Leslie

Hey guys.. the webmasters had to turn off the avatars for a little bit while they are working on upgrading the servers. We have been hitting record highs for use (over 800 members online at the same time! :eek: ) and a few things had to be sacrificed to keep the boards from going, what is that you call it Leslie... kerflukie? I'm sure once everything is optimized we will get all of our little bells and whistles back :) In the meantime, you haven't lost your avatar.. it's still in your profile.. so don't panic :)

OOOOhhhhh.....why didn't you say so before? The machina is stilla ker floonie floonie.....

It makes perfect sense to me!:D

Leslie

Leslie... Your tech knowlage and talk is very good... Thank you...

Hi
I'm feeling a litte silly but I'm gonna ask anyway...What is an avatar?

Webster's Collegiate defines it as:

Main Entry: av·a·tar
Pronunciation: 'a-v&-"tär
Function: noun
Etymology: Sanskrit avatAra descent, from avatarati he descends, from ava- away + tarati he crosses over -- more at UKASE, THROUGH
Date: 1784
1 : the incarnation of a Hindu deity (as Vishnu)
2 a : an incarnation in human form b : an embodiment (as of a concept or philosophy) often in a person
3 : a variant phase or version of a continuing basic entity

I believe on here that it refers to the little picture that appears under your name.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest