Am I the only one that really wants the pirate ship to go away at CC?

We love it too. Very unique and a great photo opp. Have seen it twice at CC. I hope it stays for a long time!

Thought it was pretty cool (but I've been to Castaway Cay twice w/o it). DH thinks its also cool, but it should be put over by the swimming beaches or something so not to interfere w/ pictures.

Here are two shots I took in Sept 07.
DSC04485.jpg
DSC04486.jpg

I love it!
I wish the Black Pearl was there too!
The kids (and me) get so excited to see it!
The first time was the best (July 2006)pirate:

Jill, I am with you. I think it is pretty creepy and just looks out of place in that beautiful area. Of course, my opinion is based solely on all the pictures I have seen of it and not with my own eyes.

Ditto for me!! I personally have not seen it yet and would be tickled to death for it to be gone when we take our first cruise in Nov. I just think it takes away from the beauty of the island!

Also Love it!pirate: My oldest son and I did the watercraft/eco tour last year and got to jet ski around it, way, way cool. And when we saw Pirates III in may, I got goose bumps when the Dutchman made it's first appearance, since I had seen the actual prop. How many kids in any of our neighborhoods can say they've seen the "real" Flying Dutchman?

I got some shots of the ship with out it in frame, but I probably took more of the Dutchman this last time. I'm thrilled they've decided to keep it at the island.

Before we got to CC since the Flying Dutchman has been there; I didn't think I would like it there as well. We have been there twice, before this last trip when it was not there.

We just got back from the Magic yesterday and I thought it was very cool. My son and his friend we brought along loved it. We took many pictures of it and of both the Magic and the Flying Dutchman. I thought they looked great together.

We are with you Jill. In every picture we have seen since its arrival, it blocks the view of the Magic and Wonder. The ships looked so magestic without this ugly movie prop sticking out like a scab on the water. I hope to find a spot to take pictures of the ship without seeing the pirate ship.

Of all places they could have put it, it looks to be in a horrid spot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter