• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Am I the only one? Please let the iPhone 5 come out before vacation!!!

theycomefromallover

Mouseketeer
Over the last 2 years I went from not having a camera or internet at my fingertips to depending on it! I have an iPhone 3gs but it has really slowed down over the past month! My contract is up, but I am holding out for the iPhone 5! I leave for vacation on October 4 and I would love a fast camera, video, internet, hair trimmer, cheese grader, underwater basket weaver, oh yeah and a fast phone! Here's hoping an announcement is made soon!

Over the last 2 years I went from not having a camera or internet at my fingertips to depending on it! I have an iPhone 3gs but it has really slowed down over the past month! My contract is up, but I am holding out for the iPhone 5! I leave for vacation on October 4 and I would love a fast camera, video, internet, hair trimmer, cheese grader, underwater basket weaver, oh yeah and a fast phone! Here's hoping an announcement is made soon!

Me too! Though I have an iPhone 4, I can't wait to get a 5! I am so excited. About the camera. It will probably mean that I can finally quit dragging my camera around with me!

Hah, yeah you are definitely not the only one. I only upgrade on contract renewal so I'm still rocking a 3GS too. We go on Oct 16... I can't imagine how it would actually make any difference to our vacation to upgrade my phone, but I really want it before vacation!

Rumors are the 5 comes out in September. Apple is always so tight lipped. I really want to update my 3GS. DH has one too. Plan is to both get Iphone 5s and have the 3gs w/o the data/phone plan (which basically makes them ITouches) be Christmas presents for the kids.

1) it won't be out in time. Look for a release to co-inside with the Xmas shopping season.
2) Vacation is NOT the place to break in a new phone. I get new phones very frequently... 2-3 a year (job sorta-perk. ;)). I won't take a phone to Disney until it's got a month under it's belt at home. in Disney, I don't want to toy around with a new phone, I just want it to work. Even if it is a iPhone and you had the previous one. Battery and screen issues aren't what you want to run into at Disney. :)

Me too! Though I have an iPhone 4, I can't wait to get a 5! I am so excited. About the camera. It will probably mean that I can finally quit dragging my camera around with me!

As a amateur photographer, this makes me shudder. :eek: This year I'm completely "roughing it." Just my Canon s95 and Vixia HD camcorder. Nokia makes the best "camera phones" but they still don't come close to a solid P&S. :)

I'm leaving early September, so there is no hope for me :-)

Early October is SUPER iffy. The latest rumors I've heard point to late Sept, early Oct. I'm pretty sure it's not more than 6-7 weeks out. New phones usually correspond to the release of the next major iOS revision. Right now, iOS 5.0 is on Beta 5. So far, the highest beta number was beta 8 and that was with 2.0 (which added apps).

I don't see iOS 5.0 going past beta 8, and I don't see iOS 5.0 being released without a new phone. I think in early October you have a 50/50 shot.

Of course, it's ALL a guess. The real question.... what are they waiting for? June/July was the release month for 3 years in a row, why break now? What are they waiting on? Could be nothing, could be something, who knows.

1) it won't be out in time. Look for a release to co-inside with the Xmas shopping season.
2) Vacation is NOT the place to break in a new phone. I get new phones very frequently... 2-3 a year (job sorta-perk. ;)). I won't take a phone to Disney until it's got a month under it's belt at home. in Disney, I don't want to toy around with a new phone, I just want it to work. Even if it is a iPhone and you had the previous one. Battery and screen issues aren't what you want to run into at Disney. :)

Me too me too! We're going oct 24th, and I NEED it by then. My last phone got dropped in a toilet and I held off on buying the iPhone 4 because I'm hopeing the new one will come out before we leave.

I'm on a crappy old phone now and I need my touring plan app before we go, and the great camera that comes on he iPhone!

This really has little to do with theme park attractions and strategies, so I've moved this thread to the Theme Parks Community board. :)

I too am waiting for iPhone 5. I have the 3GS and can't wait to upgrade!

Doing some googling I found the following: PLEASE take everything with a grain of salt. We won't know the exact date until Apple starts advertising it. But it is fun to guess!

"Why CNET UK has assumed Wednesday 7 September 2011 as the iPhone 5 launch date? Since 2005, Apple has been launching iPods in September on the first Wednesday after Labor Day. There were some exceptions in the past, though the Wednesday has proven Apple’s a regular favorite day."

“Sources with knowledge of the situation say reports claiming AT&T has blacked out employee vacations during the last two weeks of September in preparation for the retail debut of the next iPhone are misinformed. Instead, it’s going to be an October surprise – the month in which Apple will be launching its next generation iPhone.”

I would be very surprised if they wait until the holiday season to release the 5. I have absolutely no reservations about taking a brand-spanking-new iPhone on vacation. In fact, I did it last year! ;)

As a amateur photographer, this makes me shudder. :eek: This year I'm completely "roughing it." Just my Canon s95 and Vixia HD camcorder. Nokia makes the best "camera phones" but they still don't come close to a solid P&S. :)

Meh. There used to be a time when it would have made me shudder too. I'm over it now, especially since we have PhotoPass.

I would be very surprised if they wait until the holiday season to release the 5. I have absolutely no reservations about taking a brand-spanking-new iPhone on vacation. In fact, I did it last year! ;)

Meh. There used to be a time when it would have made me shudder too. I'm over it now, especially since we have PhotoPass.

Mitzicat's UK note above sounds promising. I just know they needed it to align more with holiday shopping, since they needed to compete better against Android. So a launch around new iPod times would be a good time.

You're right about Photopass! First thing I do every year is order the $99 CD. It's the main reason I've gone from carrying a DSLR to just my s95. They do a much better job at getting whole-family photos. So I guess we're both taking a "step down" in what we carry. :)

Well we didn't get the 5, but I did manage to finally get our 4Ses preordered for delivery October 14, two days before we go to Disney! :D

Oddly I had to do pre-orders for our two phones, on the same account, seperately. Finally got through on the AT&T website around 5 am, got my wife's in, but it wouldn't let me upgrade the second line on the same pre-order. Then I tried to do a separate upgrade for my line, but the AT&T site kept returning errors (different errors from when the site just wasn't working). Then went back to Apple, and after a couple attempts, got my pre-order in there. Oh well, at least it's done!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter