Am I the only hunting widow with the disney "itch"

mjamm

Married to Scrooge...
Alright...It seems like this happens to me every year. My husband starts going away on his many hunting trips and by that I mean 3 or 4 long weekends leaving me and the girls at home. (And before you ask, no we are not invited along.) This ranges from september to november in minnesota from duck hunting to deer hunting, some of you may understand it is not just a passing weekend. It seems like it is as long as the fall sometimes!
I always seem to start thinking it is time for the girls and I to have a vacation ourselves around this same time....:confused3. I work fulltime, and I only think it is fair if he is allowed time away to "play" we all should have our time right? We all went last year including my husband and had a blast, but he has made it clear he will not go back any time soon. I know disney like the back of my hand, and would love to just take the girls.
I think it is time to plan a girls only week...dad has his time...hunting and playing in the woods with the boys, mom wants her time playing in disney with her girls. Do you see anything wrong with that?

My other "problem" is that everyone in my family knows how much I love to help plan disney vacations, so it is either "come along with us" or "will you help us plan a trip" which is as good as planning my own, because I will be going soon after! There were plans in the making for a trip with my mom and her sister that have been postponed, but I would still like to go with my girls...

I say you must go.........:thumbsup2 Seven years ago I started a tradition that I take my daughter on a Mother/Daughter Trip every August. We just love it........Memories.

He enjoys hunting you enjoying time hunting short rides lines and bargains.:thumbsup2:cool1:

GO and don't look back from another Minnesota-ian who is taking a mom/dd trip over MEA

Another Disney - loving Hunting Widow here. DH spends his 3 weeks of vacation is Wester Illinois/Iowa/Kansas. He is gone every year from Halloween to Thanksgiving and then every weekend through January.

I decided last fall break that me and my DDs would do what makes us happy this time of year which is Disney and the beach. Me and DDs (9 and 6) travel just fine on our own and really look forward to our girl trips! (Fall break happens to be next week and off we go!)
Go for it!

Yes go! Have a blast. It's only fair.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Hunting widow here, too!
DH starts this weekend and goes till december....my DD and I look forward to being on our own doing girl things.

I say take the girls to disney and don't look back. It could be a yearly tradition.

When I found out my high schooler would have fall break in mid-October for the first time, I immediately booked a trip to Disney World. Told my husband that he could take his vacation and go hunt deer :)

I've longed to do this, but always felt it was not practical. Now is my chance!

We also have gone to the beach at Thanksgiving for a four-day weekend a few years. He is happy going hunting and I am happy doing something different. I try not to dwell on the "this is Thanksgiving and the family should be together" spill.

I will say, though, that I do not have young children.

I vote "if you have his blessing, then go for it!"

We (me, DD 16 and DD 12) will be celebrating a girls only trip while DH is hunting, too! DH likes WDW but we "love" WDW! DH has a good time when he goes with us, but some times I feel like we miss out on certain things because they may not appeal to DH. While on our girls trip, we can do all sorts of "girly" things like shopping and dressing up for a signature meal, that DH just doesn't get into. The best part is that DH is off doing something he really enjoys, too. There is no guilt about doing all the things we like to do!!!!!

For me, it's DH's golf trips. That's when my solo WDW trips were born. He never complains about my solo trips, actually encourages it, because it means more golf for him!

DH doesn't hunt, but he loves football. He goes to LSU away games with my boys. DD and I always find something fun to do which has included a long weekend at Disney. It's a running joke with his buddies that he better not go to a football game bc it will cost him a Disney trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter