Am I suppose to tip Petsmart grooming?

We never do. It just didnt occur to me to do so. :confused3

Okay, thanks. This is the first time I'll be taking my dog to the groomers. We've had him several years and DH has always groomed him. He's never done a very good job, so I decided to have a professional do it this time. :rolleyes:

DD is a groomer. Tips are definitely appreciated. As she explained it to me...you tip your hairstylist, why wouldn't you tip your dog groomer? A hairstylist will not be peed or pooped on and is not at risk of getting bitten. It also takes longer to groom a dog. Made sense to me.:goodvibes

DD is a groomer. Tips are definitely appreciated. As she explained it to me...you tip your hairstylist, why wouldn't you tip your dog groomer? A hairstylist will not be peed or pooped on and is not at risk of getting bitten. It also takes longer to groom a dog. Made sense to me.:goodvibes

Of course tips are appreciated. It's extra cash. Is there someone who would not appreciate a tip? My point is that just because it's appreciated doesn't mean you have to do it. No, I would probably not tip my dog groomer.

I always tip my groomer and she owns her own shop.

I would definitely tip a groomer at a franchise, if I was happy with the service.

TC :cool1:

I have never tipped them or seen anyone else do it either. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but I don't think its the norm.

I take my dog to Petsmart groomers and I always tip them. They do a great job and I know my dog isn't the easiest client :rotfl:

I tip my dogs groomer. Maybe $5 or $10. I really don't know what the right amount is. My stylist I would tip 20% but for some reason I don't tip my dogs "stylist" the same. :confused3

I tip at Petsmart, but not much. I feel bad, but it's already expensive. I have two shih tzus, and they cost $90 to groom. I make it an even $100 and give her an extra $10.

I know they appreciate tips and I feel guilty when I don't do it. But $5 each dog is probably not much.

i always tip the groomer but I have a newfoundland so he is hard to groom. I give her $20

I think it is nice if you do but like any other tipping situation you don't have to If your dog is a lot of work ( like the Newfoundland owner mentioned ) especially if you know is a pain in the butt when he/she get nails and ears done I think I would

we go to Petsmart and the bill is usually 50 and I tip 10. I usually book the same groomer. Our pooch is 14, I like to know he is in good hands, so I take care of the hands that take care of him.

Never thought of not tipping. I actually spend more on my dog's hair then I do on my own! Plus he goes regularly whereas my stylist laughs when I promise to be back in 2 months. She knows me better!!

I actually tip pretty generously. Slightly more than 20%. And i'm not normally a big tipper. But I know I'm fussy and he's a poodle si a bit more work.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I think I am going to tip the groomer. :goodvibes

I think that is a nice idea Then come back and post pictures we Dissers love pet pictures :thumbsup2

we go to Petsmart and the bill is usually 50 and I tip 10. I usually book the same groomer. Our pooch is 14, I like to know he is in good hands, so I take care of the hands that take care of him.

:goodvibes That is so sweet the way you put that Our oldest is 14 too gotta love these old timers

We use to go to Petsmart and we never tipped because I wasn't sure how to do it. They would just bring him out and give us a ticket and we would pay at the register up front.

We use a local gal as our groomer now and we do tip her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter