Am I spending too much?

2timer

Mouseketeer
We booked our trip (Magic Your Way) off the internet. I am having a hard time finding a price just for a hopper pass ticket for 6 days....without a room....so I can see if I'd save money doing it on my own....yo know room only and tickets separately, but I can't find it???? I also wonder if I should join AAA to get a better rate! We are spending about $1500.00 for 3 for 8 nights with 6 day hopper passes staying at POP....is this just too much! Can we do better???

THANKS! :teacher:

hmm i think that's a really good price

im staying 4 nights at pop and have a 5 day hopper, and my price is higher than that! :rolleyes:

when is your trip?

hmm i think that's a really good price

im staying 4 nights at pop for 4 people and have (4) 5 day hopper, and my price is higher than that! :rolleyes:

when is your trip?

edit: forgot to mention i have added the dining option :rotfl:

Our AAA rate for moderate , 4 day passes was $1334. I think it saved us about $150 off the regular price. You can go on AAA website or call them and get a quote without being a AAA member. I actually booked my travel before signing up for the membership. I was transferred to the membership center right after booking the vacation though. I have to pay the initial membership fee but I would still save and also get many other benefits. I figured it was worth it.

If you have a vacation with tickets why are you looking to buy tickets separately?

On www.disney.com you get a choice of checking prices for either a) vacation (room plus theme park tickets), b) room only or c) tickets only. So it's straightforward checking out the tickets only prices at disney.com. Just click on 'tickets' at the beginning of your search. You could also check ticket prices at www.theofficialticketcenter.com or www.mapleleaftickets.com - I don't think you'll see much of a difference. I was surprised to see that Disney themselves had the best rates for their theme park tickets although that's for 7 day tickets.... there could be some savings on fewer days.

You could try AAA. If you're travelling during regular season (17 April to 27 August) you'd get 15% off (that's if the resort you want is still available at AAA discounted prices, you'd need to check that first) so your accommodation at normal rate would cost 883.20 for 8 nights (according to 'room only' price at disney.com) but at AAA discounted rate 750.72 so you'd save almost 130 dollars. I don't know what it would cost you to join AAA or if the membership fee is worth it.

Also, regarding the 6 day hoppers, did you know that the difference between 6 day hoppers and 7 day hoppers is minimal? On disney.com the price quoted for 2 adults + 1 child for 6 day hoppers is 629 and the price for 7 day hoppers is 632 so the difference is 3 dollars for a whole extra day of theme parks!

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I looked at AAA and the cost of membership is $59.00 I am gonna do some Math and see what I come up with. Thanks everyone!!!

Your price seemed high to me - I have a MYW - with 6 day Park Hopper - ASM for around $1425.

I used AAA last year - and would not use them again - it was a very unpleasant experience - they would put me on hold for 30 minutes every time I called!

Good luck!

I forgot to say in my last post - this is for a family of 4 - 2 adults, a 7 year old and a 4 year old!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter