Am I right....

alisonbestford

<font color=990066>Can cope with the dentist after
.....in thinking that PC games and GameBoy games purchased in the US will play on our UK bought systems?

How about Nintendo DS?

I'd hate to put my foot in it and buy something that doesn't work! :rolleyes:

PS2 games are a no-no? Correct?

Thanks for your help.

:flower3:

We bought Nintendo DS games and they work fine. I'm sure that this is also the same for Gameboy. :thumbsup2

Hiya Alisonbestford

In america they have a format called NTSC

In most of europe(Inc United Kingdom) they have a format called PAL

Games:
PS2/ games will not work on an english PS2 because of the formats
Xbox360 will not work on an english Xbox360 because of the formats
Gameboy games will work on any gameboy(even japanese)
PC games will work!

DVDs:

If you have a multi-region dvd player you can play region 1(USA) and region 2(UK)

Hope this helps alison!

Thanks Shane :thumbsup2

I'm up to date on the DVDs and GameBoy now :sunny:

We've bought DVDs from the US before but anyone know about PC games-I've a feeling that's probably a bit of a daft question but you never know? :rolleyes:

:)

Yep, PC Games work fine, infact, when we were over there last my dad bought a few, including online games. The only thing what you might need to consider is if your buying an "Exspansion pack" for a game or the game will have "Exspansion packs". For example, If I bought the Sims 2 in america and then Sims 2 - Nightlife Exspansion (addon for sims 2) in the uk, it might not work.....You would have to ask the supplier in that case. If you have any more questions let me know :teeth:

Shane said:
Yep, PC Games work fine, infact, when we were over there last my dad bought a few, including online games. The only thing what you might need to consider is if your buying an "Exspansion pack" for a game or the game will have "Exspansion packs". For example, If I bought the Sims 2 in america and then Sims 2 - Nightlife Exspansion (addon for sims 2) in the uk, it might not work.....You would have to ask the supplier in that case. If you have any more questions let me know :teeth:

That's worth thinking about as DD is heavily into Sims right now!
She's borrowed her big brother's Sims 2 disc for now but is anxious to get her own - along with various expansion packs.

Thanks for the heads up on that one - it would have never crossed my mind :thumbsup2

Hiya, I have just posted on the Sims 2 BBS (Forums) for some more information about the format topic, my answers where;

"Yep, US expacks work with UK games. I installed the UK version of Sims and have used US expacks with no problems at all. The only difference is that the cars now drive on the right hand side of the road and not the left."

And

"I play the UK versions and they have always drove on the right.
But yes it will work. I've got a Spanish Superstar EP "

Shane said:
"Yep, US expacks work with UK games. I installed the UK version of Sims and have used US expacks with no problems at all. The only difference is that the cars now drive on the right hand side of the road and not the left."

:rotfl:
Guess that won't matter much to a 7 year old :thumbsup2

Hehe

7 Year Olds seem to spot everything we dont! and beat us on addicting board games.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter