Am I nuts?

tiger4me2

DIS Veteran
We were suppose to go to Disney the end of February but due to DH's job we might not be able to go. We have a room only so we can cancel if things changes.

My question is how crowded are the parks around April 21st for 8 nights ? Or would early May be better? I am leaning towards the April 21st. Thoughts ? Thanks !

Easter is early this year, in March. So your April dates look good!

I just looked at the crowd calendar and that week ranges from a low of a "3" to a high of a "6" but that "6" is only 1 day.

Late April may not be so bad this year because Easter is so early (March 31).

Early May is likely to be slightly less crowded than late April but also may be a bit more hot and humid.

If it were me, given that Easter is so early this year, I'd stick with your April 21st date (unless a discount came out that resulted in the early May trip being cheper).

We arrive on the 21st also! According to a great site thanks ranks the best weeks to go (1-52), this week was like number 5 or 6. Good weather, good crowds, good rates. Go for it!

Don't choose April..... May is much better for you. :furious:

OK, I am just kidding :) because I am going there during that week in April too. I anticipate "lower" crowds :woohoo: , so I would say from what I know so far your April dates are the best. As others have said, low crowd and better weather than May.... what are you waiting for ? :surfweb:

We went last year In April the weather was great other than the flash rain storms mid day. It was a little chilly to go swimming at night. But over all I think it was less crowded than when we travel at the end of May the year prior. God help us this year -end of August! I think I'm nuts lol

Don't choose April..... May is much better for you. :furious:

OK, I am just kidding :) because I am going there during that week in April too. I anticipate "lower" crowds :woohoo: , so I would say from what I know so far your April dates are the best. As others have said, low crowd and better weather than May.... what are you waiting for ? :surfweb:

What am I waiting for? If my DH still have a job ;) :lmao: *Lol. I am sure he will be able to transfer into another position.

Thanks !

* not really a laughing matter but what else can you do? It is what it is :)

A big thanks to all that answer so quick ! I think I will stay with my first dates in April :):goodvibes:goodvibes

Oh I'm sorry, I meant it in a good way.

I hope it all works out, good luck and hopefully see you there in April !!

No worries, I knew that and didn't think you were being mean lol. It will work out no matter what. Things happen for a reason I guess. I just glad we got a room only so we get our money back. Hope to be there in April as well :goodvibes

Thanks for your kind words :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter