Am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaksaunt

Earning My Ears
I am having no luck with the posts that I have read being indicated as read. I clicked on where it said something about showing which posts were read. I am not complaining, but I still hadn't mastered the old boards and I am obviously doing too well with these new ones.
I know this isn't a DVC question but I was on those boards when I noticed the problem.
I have another question that I hope someone can answer for me. Can I change my login name? Being that I am aunt to nine, I didn't have the forethought to realize that there could be hurt feelings by singling out only one. I don't want family problems so I am hesitant to share this site with family members.
Thanks for the help.
Susan

I don't think you can "edit" your login name, but you can reregister with a new name.

I've also moved your 1st question to the Tech Support Board.

Good Luck!

I know you're working on re-registering now zaksaunt, but here is some information that will hopefully help answer your question about read/unread threads.

If you look to the left of the post title, you'll see little yellow envelopes.

The ones that are "closed" indicate that it is a post you have already read and there are no new responses to.

The "open" envelopes with a "letter" sticking out, indicate a post that you haven't read, or that there is a new response you have not seen yet.

(If you look at the bottom of any of the Main Forum pages, you will see the envelopes I'm refering to.)

For these "features" to work, you must have your computer set to "accept cookies" (little bits of information a website stores on your computer to keep track of your password, username, etc...)

I hope that clears things up a little bit for you.

Thanks Chris. I was able to reregister as "auntsue," one less thing to stress over.
Okay, I now understand the thing with the envelopes, so that's a big help.
I really like that the posts are in reverse order with the newest posts first when you make a reply. That's a great idea.
I'm still trying to get the hang of these new boards. I am one of those people who do not embrace change, but there is no option so I will plod on.
I love these boards, new format or old.

I'm glad to see we were able to help some.

Come see us again when you're ready to add some Clipart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter