Am I Crazy?

DisneyLily

DIS Veteran
So, I was talking with my parents and they said that we are going to book a trip for April of 2010 to Walt Disney World, however, they do not think that we will be going than but rather we most likely definatly will be going in May 2011. However, the very next day they said that it was too long to wait and all this fun stuff.

I'm trying to convince my parents to go in 2011 because than they will be able to save up more money (I'm going to be in university, so i'll try to help to pay but the debt i'll be in Lol, going beyond that, I hope my mother does not read this, but I plan on getting them a DVC membership after I get a job (full time) and I will pay all the annual dues ETC SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!).

POINT BEING OF THIS THREAD (i get off topic easily).

Am I crazy for not wanting to go in 2010? Like I want to but, I think it would be better to go in 2011. What do you think? Would you go in 2010 and not have that much money saved or go in 2011 and get a few things done to the house and have some money put aside for an emergency fund?

I know this topic is not clear, im sorry, but I just need to know if im crazy.

I wouldn't do either. I would go in 2009 because I have no self control and am too obsessed with Disney. Waiting til 2011 seems the same as waiting until 2039. However, you sound waaaaaaaaaaaay more responsible than me! And I say just go with your gut. We could give you all our opinions but in the end it's what you feel is best for you and your family. Deep down you probably already know! Good luck. :)

I wouldn't do either. I would go in 2009 because I have no self control and am too obsessed with Disney. Waiting til 2011 seems the same as waiting until 2039. However, you sound waaaaaaaaaaaay more responsible than me! And I say just go with your gut. We could give you all our opinions but in the end it's what you feel is best for you and your family. Deep down you probably already know! Good luck. :)

Thank you.

Thanks!
If we were to go in 2010 than we'd stay for like 12 nights or so im pretty sure. It gets quite difficult because (I hope she doesn't read this) but my mother is always worried about my dad. 4 years ago he was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor and he was operated on. However, the doctor said that the type he had will eventually grow back, more aggressivly and kill him. So, we basically live with happiness and hope from MRI to MRIO (every 6 months). It KILLS me inside to see my mom so worried. She thinks that by 2011 my dad might not be alive which really scares me, but I don't believe it. Besides as a family we've been through a whole lot. My mom has had cancer once but she had to have both of her thyroid glands removed, my dad has had bladder cancer twice and a brain tumor. I feel really bad if we don't go back until 2011 because they deserve a vacation. They are the most amazingest people in the world and I would give anything for them to be happy.

Sure life sucks, but that's why Disney exists!
with this new information i would say go ASAP. you never know when one will pass, you will regret it if something does happen to your Father and you dont get to go with him one last time. Money will always be there, your Father wont. Im not saying just wastefull with money, but in this case, time is VERY valuable, i would give ANYTHING in the world to get to go to DL with my Grandmother one more time. ANYTHING. I say go ASAP and enjoy yourself. You can always save after the trip.

Thanks!
If we were to go in 2010 than we'd stay for like 12 nights or so im pretty sure. It gets quite difficult because (I hope she doesn't read this) but my mother is always worried about my dad. 4 years ago he was diagnosed with a terminal brain tumor and he was operated on. However, the doctor said that the type he had will eventually grow back, more aggressivly and kill him. So, we basically live with happiness and hope from MRI to MRIO (every 6 months). It KILLS me inside to see my mom so worried. She thinks that by 2011 my dad might not be alive which really scares me, but I don't believe it. Besides as a family we've been through a whole lot. My mom has had cancer once but she had to have both of her thyroid glands removed, my dad has had bladder cancer twice and a brain tumor. I feel really bad if we don't go back until 2011 because they deserve a vacation. They are the most amazingest people in the world and I would give anything for them to be happy.

Sure life sucks, but that's why Disney exists!

Unless going in 2010 would cause extreme financial problems, then I say go then. It sounds like your mom would really like to go then and with all she is dealing with, it might be good for her to have that trip 'in the works'.
You are very responsible (kudos to you) to want to wait till 2011 and becoming more financially secure during that time, but with the health issues your family has I think this time it may be better to put the 2010 trip in a high priority status.

Wow, you are a very strong person! I am so sorry about your father. I will pray for him. I say go for the sooner trip. Most likely your dad will be around in 2011 anyway, but hey, seize the day and just have fun! 12 nights is a long time, i've never gone for that long. You are going to have an amazing time!

Thank you all very much :).
I think that we have decided that it will be best to go in 2011 because than my parents will have a chance to save their money to put off the mortgage, save for an "emergency fund" and for a trip. I really think that it is best this way because incase anything happens, there will be money to help.

Thank you all very much :).
I think that we have decided that it will be best to go in 2011 because than my parents will have a chance to save their money to put off the mortgage, save for an "emergency fund" and for a trip. I really think that it is best this way because incase anything happens, there will be money to help.

You are such a great kid! Caring and concern for them :goodvibes I dont have advice on when to go, you will know whats right... but :grouphug: to you all around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter