Am I crazy to not include a signature restaurant?

deebee29

Mouseketeer
Last time we went to the World we went to California Grill and really enjoyed it. This time I have not included a signature dining experience in our plans. We are on the dp, but I have planned all 1 credit meals. I know signature dining is not necessary, but would YOU miss it?

We had free dining last November and did not have any Signature meals. We didn't feel we missed out on anything at all. Other then Cinderella's Castle, most of them were geared more towards really nice adult meals, but as we were there with our 4 year old we choose more kid friendly atmospheres.
There are so many restaurants to choose from and only a handful are 2 TS credits.

If you don't feel like dining at any of the Signature restaurants, then don't. Simple as that. Signature restaurants are some of the best in the World, but go for the dinners you want, because some of the best experiences are non-Signature.

No you aren't crazy buy yes I would miss them. We like to go out at night for nice dinners at the resorts buy we are just 2 adults an like ending our days with nice restaurants outside the parks, not that the others aren't nice. Do what works for you, plus since you are on the regular dp having 1 TS credits I think is better.

But if you feel like missing out already, get 1 "cheaper" CS dinner oop and do a Signature.
Do not worry yourself to much though, there's always a next time!

We are also and adult couple so yes I would miss it. In fact, a trip to Disney is NOT complete for me without a trip to Cali Grill and DH adores O'Hana's at the Poly. I look so forward to the dining experiences at Disney because our area is so lacking in good dining choices.

But if you feel like missing out already, get 1 "cheaper" CS dinner oop and do a Signature.
Do not worry yourself to much though, there's always a next time!

We've done one signature restaurant in all of our visits to Disney and that was the Brown Derby seven years ago (and we were not impressed at all...actually one of the worse meals we've ever had at Disney). I'm sure one of these days we may try Flying Fish or Cali Grill, but we have plenty of fine dining at home in Chicago and we don't feel we are missing out not trying the signatures at Disney.

Being thrifty by nature, I have not tried the Signature meal, however, I have been to many very good restaurants in NYC over the years. We ate at Tutto Italia in Epcot last summer and the service was wonderful. If you are planning on doing something unique to Disney, then I would do the Signature, if not, just aim for some of the non-signature meals that have very good ratings and a menu that appeals to you.

No, not crazy. :) They're expensive - or cost 2 credits in your case - and the pace is a lot slower than other restaurants, and that might not appeal to you for this trip.

I know that we would miss doing at least 1 signature; we always try to budget for it; but we *could* live without it...I think...

I've never done a signature restaurant yet. :confused3 I'm considering one for my next trip, but I'm not sure which one to pick.

Last time we went to the World we went to California Grill and really enjoyed it. This time I have not included a signature dining experience in our plans. We are on the dp, but I have planned all 1 credit meals. I know signature dining is not necessary, but would YOU miss it?

We went to CG on our first two trips and really enjoyed it but once the removed the appetizers from the regular DP (and the fabulous sushi) we decided signature meals weren't worth 2 credits and after 3 trips without one we still feel the same way. Now on the Deluxe DP it is an entirely different matter.

I don't think you're crazy at all.

When my wife and I go, we usually get the DxDP, have small snacks for lunch and use the "lunch" credits towards signature dining.

I would definitely miss the California Grill and the Yachtsman's Steakhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter