Am I alone here?

DebºoºS

DIS Veteran
Today I tried to leave a voice mail for the podcast. It was an attempt at thanking a few CMs and an overview of what happened to me when the power went out at Epcot on Friday. I must've tried 4x and finally gave up. I thought I might sound like a cross between a nervous Glinda the Good Witch and Snow White on helium but it was worse than I could ever imagine:eek: Finally I sent an email.
Anyone else ever have this problem?

Hehehehehe...I could never in a million years leave a voicemail. I KNOW I'd sound like Minnie on speed.

When I get nervous I sound like an auctioneer... Email is so much safer!

:flower3: I totally understand...

Thanks Robin, I feel better! Minnie on speed :rotfl:
Glinda/Snow White on helium :laughing:We could do our own cartoon segment.

That's a brilliant idea :idea:
Since we wouldn't be able to record it :scared:
We'd have to find voice doubles:rotfl2:

I got the nerve to leave a voicemail question today. I am sure I sound like Cruella on Crack. I dont know why I get so nervous either. It is kinda crazy when you think about it. I was never good at public speaking. And my voice lets not go there. So no you are not alone.

I got the nerve to leave a voicemail question today. I am sure I sound like Cruella on Crack. I dont know why I get so nervous either. It is kinda crazy when you think about it. I was never good at public speaking. And my voice lets not go there. So no you are not alone.

Cruella on Crack:rotfl2:I hope they play it not because I want to hear what that might sound like but because you did it!:worship:

I can actually do public speaking and am never shy about speaking in person. Recordings of my voice make me cringe.

So- for all of you that will appreciate this-

I got up the courage to leave my first voicemail this week, in response to the Chicago listener who called about post vaca depression-
I decided to write up a summary of what I wanted to say knowing that I would get on and half way through have a major brain fart- :confused:
sooo I write a quick draft of thoughts and make the call-
Things are going well, I am two sentances in- when I get a call waiting beep interuption from a 800 telemarketer call! :eek: Drats!! I am hugely interuptted and panic- and instead of starting over after the long beep, (I dont even THINK of that) I say "sorry, need to hang up and try again"
What a doofus-
So I call back and start over, now a bit rattled, but got through.

You just know they are going to play my crazy- dont know what to do now- voicemail- jeez

Sandy

133 more days until our AKV grand villa adventure!!

Hehehehehe....Cruella on crack :lmao: We are an odd bunch, aren't we?

Sandy, I'll bet they get that kind of stuff a lot. If they do play it, just chalk it up to becoming a real Disser...we all insert the old foot once in a while! That wasn't even your fault!

(I can't even tell you how many times I made a total fool of myself back when they had the debate board...I'm so glad that's gone!)

:rolleyes1

;)

Thanks Robin! I guess it is my right of passage!
Wow- 1700 posts! I am such a newby.
I have been lurking for quite a while, but felt I needed to join the fun!
:yay:

You are definitely not alone. I wrote out an entire page of what I wanted to say and it sat on my desk for 3 days, while I stared at it trying to drum up the courage to call. Never did call, just stuck the paper in the drawer, telling myself that I will try again someday.

Thanks everyone:lovestruc it sure does make me feel better knowing I'm not alone in this. I think that DISers listening to voicemails do not sit in judgement of anyone. I have to stop being my own my worst critic and call.

Sandy, I'm glad you joined the fun. I've been on the board since the beginning lurky on and off for years. Life gets in the way of the DIS sometimes. Looking back on the things I've posted some are well whacka-whacka:rotfl:

SamSam thanks, I look forward to hearing your voicemail. You will take it out one day and do it:thumbsup2

DebºoºS;24280163 said:
Thanks everyone:lovestruc it sure does make me feel better knowing I'm not alone in this. I think that DISers listening to voicemails do not sit in judgement of anyone. I have to stop being my own my worst critic and call.

Sandy, I'm glad you joined the fun. I've been on the board since the beginning lurky on and off for years. Life gets in the way of the DIS sometimes. Looking back on the things I've posted some are well whacka-whacka:rotfl:

SamSam thanks, I look forward to hearing your voicemail. You will take it out one day and do it:thumbsup2

I must of tried forever to get it!! It took a lot of nerve.

You could always sing! :dance3:

You are definitely not alone. I wrote out an entire page of what I wanted to say and it sat on my desk for 3 days, while I stared at it trying to drum up the courage to call. Never did call, just stuck the paper in the drawer, telling myself that I will try again someday.

SamSam
You can do it!! Take that paper out of the drawer and call! There is a Dis
t-shirt with your name on it!!:cheer2:

Awwww SamSam...I'm sure one day you'll have had a lot of coffee and grab that right out of the desk and call...

If it were me though, that would be the day the machine was screwed up and I'd still sound like a dork. :confused3

Luckily that's me, I'm sure with your call will be perfect!! :woohoo: :rotfl:

Sandy, I'm glad you decided to unlurk! The Dis always needs more nice people!

We should all make the "Cartoons On Stimulants" Team... At least we'd have each other!

:flower3:

I have been meaning to call for ages....I have a pretty good Cast Member story, a suggestion on a segment and a question for adults at disney....

I FINALLY called yesterday with one of them after having written down the phone number and leaving by the computer for months.

I refused to allow myself to call over and over getting it just right so if they play it I am sure you will all hear me trip over my own tongue a few times but I dont care anymore...I just want an answer to my question and maybe, just maybe a DisUnplugged pin and lanyard. lol

This was SO me. I did call in though. I haven't had my voicemail played. I guess it could still happen. I know they get behind with playing them. I was so nervous! I had to write mine out entirely. There was NO way I could wing it and not screw it up. I don't do public speaking and if I realize more than a few people are tuned in to what I'm saying, I get really nervous and blush. In high school, I took an F on an oral report once rather than get up in front of the class and speak. After I left the voicemail I got all worried about my email address. Ya know how ya have to make it understandable so you say "B" as in "Boy"? I have a few of those kinds of letters in my email address and I worried that I confused MYSELF and left a garbled email address because I had to explain each letter! :confused: :lmao: Hope that makes sense. Anyway, I've only called in once. I thought I had a good one though and still want to know the answer to my question. Don't know if I'll call in again. I don't handle rejection well. :blush:

Anyway, I've only called in once. I thought I had a good one though and still want to know the answer to my question. Don't know if I'll call in again. I don't handle rejection well. :blush:

OH NO - I wish you hadnt said that!!! :sad2: Now if they dont play my voicemail I am going to think it is because I sounded stupid lol :lmao: sheesh

I just left a voice mail, and even with notes I felt like I rambled on and on... As cool as it would be to have my message played I dread the thought of hearing my warbally voice :scared1:

Melissa

Well, after reading your responses here I'm feeling a lot less alone in this.

Weird for me because I can handle being being a celebrity photographer, tossed around inside a helicopters with the doors open taking pics, traveling around Europe alone, cancer scare, snakes and spiders but leaving a voicemail freaks me out :scared:

Feeling empowered now.
I have a CM appreciation story that I'd like to call in about. I'm going to try again in a few days. this time with some notes. Worsed case scenario I can erase it, right?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter