Always wanted to be, and about to be!

1153rsmith

DIS Veteran
My wife and I have always wanted to be DVC owners. We own a timeshare and have been able to exchange into DVC through RCI for the past few years and loved it. There is nothing out there in the timeshare world like Disney service.

Well, hopefully, we will soon be DVC owners. We have put an offer on a VWL contract and now must patiently wait on Disney.

We don't plan on telling most of our friends and family because they already think we are nuts for going to disney as much as we do.

Just couldn't wait to tell someone!

Hopefully soon, we will be official. :cool1::cheer2:

Congrats and here's hoping that you have a smooth closing and many years of vacations at WDW. :thumbsup2

:earsboy: Bill

We don't plan on telling most of our friends and family because they already think we are nuts for going to disney as much as we do.

What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music.
:rockband: :charac2: :mic: :music:
If your friends/family wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.

What I tell people is:
Whoever pays the piper calls the music.
:rockband: :charac2: :mic: :music:
If your friends/family wants you to go on a vacation and they are willing to pay for it, go and have a great time on them. If you are paying for the trip you go where and when you choose to go.

Thanks. Love your signature. My wife and I stayed at OKW when it was The Disney Vacation Club (1995). That resort will always hold a special place in our hearts. I wish we had bought when we were there. Little did we know.

We don't plan on telling most of our friends and family because they already think we are nuts for going to disney as much as we do. Just couldn't wait to tell someone! Hopefully soon, we will be official. :cool1::cheer2:

I get that......

We have Disney friends and non-Disney friends. I had to call all the Disney friends when we closed.......,

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Best of luck with your purchase! VWL is our first home resort and still our favorite!

Hey everybody. Thanks for the well wishes. I hope we get to do this transaction. The sellers seem to be dragging their feet. We agreed on a price a week ago and they still have not sent their contract in to the Timeshare store. Hopefully, they will get it in soon. I am anxious to go to ROFR.

WE hope all goes well and you get your wish to become a DVC member.pixiedust: We have a few family members we don't tell, that we are going on vacation, because they just don't get it.:confused3 We love Disney and that's all there is to it.:cheer2: We been alot of other places, but we always come HOME to Disney.:thumbsup2

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. If this contract doesn't work, just move on to the next one!

Yeah! We finally went to ROFR yesterday... Now the waiting begins. I guess it will take about a month to know if we pass or not.

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

Yeah! We finally went to ROFR yesterday... Now the waiting begins. I guess it will take about a month to know if we pass or not.

:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

I think the waiting for the ROFR decision is the worst! It felt like forever! Good luck to you!

We passed ROFR and how now sent all the paperwork and the big check to the title company. Soon, we will officially be owners at VWL. I can't wait to do our first stay as members. We are hoping to go to Disneyland next September and stay at the Grand Californian.

I wonder how difficult it is to get into there at the 7 month window for September......

I am so ready to here "Welcome Home".:thumbsup2

Remember one thing, you aren't nuts for loving Disney! It is your friends and family who are nuts for NOT! Clearly, they aren't privy to all the wonder and joys of being a Disney Fan. My boyfriend went from never visiting a Disney park to becoming a major Disney history, parks and cruise fan! What a major transformation a little exposure to the Magic can do!

Congrats on making your way to DVC ownership! This is the best club EVER!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter