Alvin & The Chimmunks > Princess And The Frog

lugnut33

DIS Veteran
Atleast money-wise it is better. I saw where Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeakual brought in 50 million over the holiday weekend, where as the opening weekend of The Princess and the Frog brought in 25 million. Last weekend Princess brought in 8 million bringint it up to 33 million total. That is not looking good for traditional animation when Alvin doubles Princess. :headache:

Atleast money-wise it is better. I saw where Alvin and the Chipmunks, The Squeakual brought in 50 million over the holiday weekend, where as the opening weekend of The Princess and the Frog brought in 25 million. Last weekend Princess brought in 8 million bringint it up to 33 million total. That is not looking good for traditional animation when Alvin doubles Princess. :headache:

I had the misfortune of seeing the "Squeakal" :scared:I can't believe that movie made 50 million. I did not see the Princess and the Frrog but I'll bet the content is much better.

it has nothing to do with that............or should i say you cannot compare them.........chipmunks is an established franchise with a built in audience and sequels tend to be a bit front loaded..........princess and the frog is original material.........i will start slower and if it is good it will show good legs as the weeks go by.........

I think Alvin may have done a bit better too because it isn't a "girl" movie. When we went to see Princess and the Frog I asked my nephew if he wanted to come (he's seven) and that is what he said "No way, it's a girl movie" and when we went to see it, I saw alot of little girls, but only a couple boys and it seemed like mostly moms in the audience, not many dads/guys.

I think Alvin may have done a bit better too because it isn't a "girl" movie. When we went to see Princess and the Frog I asked my nephew if he wanted to come (he's seven) and that is what he said "No way, it's a girl movie" and when we went to see it, I saw alot of little girls, but only a couple boys and it seemed like mostly moms in the audience, not many dads/guys.

That is why I had to watch Alvin insted of the Princess and the Frog. I think they should have come up with a different title because my 5 year old nephew was going nowhere near a girl movie even if it is much better than Alvin (which was maybe the worst movie I ever sat through).

That is why I had to watch Alvin insted of the Princess and the Frog. I think they should have come up with a different title because my 5 year old nephew was going nowhere near a girl movie even if it is much better than Alvin (which was maybe the worst movie I ever sat through).
"the royal BLOOD and the slimy AMPHIBIAN":rotfl:

Speaking as a dad, I was probably just as excited about seeing "The Princess and the Frog" as my two daughters (13 and 4) and more excited than my wife. All four of us ended up really liking the movie.

As for the Chipmunks movie, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't see it even if I was given free admission.

No interest at all in seeing the Chipmunks. I though the first one was awful so no need to waste any money on the second.

I did see the Princess and the Frog and it was ok. I didn't LOVE it and didn't hate it. But I had to see it since it's not a PIXAR movie. I'm a purist :)

So, I took my daughter and a friend yesterday to see the Chipmunks, and the theater was PACKED!!! Ummm, I have a feeling this movied did really really well this weekend also. Not looking good for 2D animation.

Judging from the reactions in the audience most people enjoyed it. I have to say it was better than the first one, but still annoying as heck.

Oh my i saw the thread title and i was about to rip you to threads! -sigh- you really gave me a fright there. I think it is horrible that Princess in the frog did not prosper more than that damn rat movie.... As you can see, I am not a fan of annoying talking chipmunks.

I tried to see the Princess and the Frog yesterday. The movie theater seemed to have over sold the theater that we were in. That plus a combination that people weren't moving over to fill in empty seats. The three of us couldn't even sit together. 5 minutes into the movie people were still coming in. We got up and went to complain to the manager. He ended up giving us vouchers to come back again and we were able to go back in and see another movie. We ended up seeing Avatar (awesome), but I have yet to see Princess and the Frog.

Here's the latest update:

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel chirped to $36.6 million, dropping just 25 percent for $157 million total

The Princess and the Frog hopped up 11 percent with $10 million and $86 million total.

Both Alvin and Avatar have been released in the UK, Frog won't until February.

Which makes me cross enough to not want to see it! Italy gets it before us! They don't even have to change the language for the UK!!! :mad:

We tried to see The Princess and the Frog today - but it was sold out. I did not expect that so far after the release date. My girls asked if we could go see Alvin and the Chipmunks instead - but I just couldn't stomach the thought! We'll try for the Princess another day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter