Alternative to Hydo Flask

mainegal

<font color=purple>I am becoming very good at maki
I know the Hydro Flask is fabulous.
I offer this as an alternative.
I wrote this on another thread, but it would be lost under the other thread title.

I wanted something to keep my drink cold, really cold. I knew Hydro Flask would do the trick. But I just did not think I would like sipping out of the metal neck. My personal "fear" or something. I wanted a sipping flip top or a straw. I kept searching on Amazon and these were the two choices. Both are double walled thermal Thermos bottles. Keeps cold twelve hours, according to the label.

Flip top with sipping straw
Thermos HS4010A6 Intak Stainless Floral Straw Bottle
also called Raya
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=07G9F02WSTKPC7SMSFVP

Flip top with sipping spout
Thermos Nissan 2456P 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-2456P...ydration/dp/B000FJ9DOK/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_c

Both were $20.00 at Target.
I bought the first one. What won me over was the pretty purple floral design and the straw. Especially when I am driving, I do not like to tilt my head back.

I did a comparison at work with the bottle I used to use. Water and several ice cubes. After one hour, sipping some from each bottle, the water in the new Thermos bottle was still quite cold, my old water bottle with a neoprene sleeve was only sort of cold.

Experiment at home - bottle with half ice cubes/half water in the fridge from 5:00 - 11:00 PM. At 11:00, I put it bedside and sipped a little during the night. Ice cubes still rattling at 8:00 AM. Took it for a mid-morning four mile walk. During the walk, I drank icy cold water. When we got back to the car at 11:00, I had drunk all the water, but there were still ice cubes! I am impressed!

I decided that keeping the liquid cold for twelve hours was not really that important to me. I am never all that far from a source of cold water/ice. And at only 18 ounces, I'd better be refilling it more often than every few hours!

For the convenience of having a cold one close by at my desk (such a pretty bottle!) or or in the car, it is great.

It would also be good to carry at WDW, stopping to fill it every hour at the nearest counter service eatery.

My Thermos Raya bottle does not sweat.
It was the weirdest sensation to hold a bottle that was sort of warm (75-80 degree air temperature) in my hand, yet the water inside was icy cold to drink!

I hope everyone finds their favorite way to keep their water cold, and drink lots of it!

The link for the first bottle isn't working. Can you post the name of it or maybe since they sell it at Target post a link to it on the Target site?

TIA! Going in twelve days and would like a good thermos.

What is the difference between the Hydro Flask and every other Aluminum Water Bottle out there? I'm not seeing much difference.

What is the difference between the Hydro Flask and every other Aluminum Water Bottle out there? I'm not seeing much difference.

Big difference!
Hydro Flask and the Thermos bottle are rather similar.

They are made of stainless steel.

They are double walled providing the vacuum insulating qualities that keeps cold cold and hot hot.

They do not sweat.

They also cost more, but are worth it!

I know the Hydro Flask is fabulous.
I offer this as an alternative.
I wrote this on another thread, but it would be lost under the other thread title.

I wanted something to keep my drink cold, really cold. I knew Hydro Flask would do the trick. But I just did not think I would like sipping out of the metal neck. My personal "fear" or something. I wanted a sipping flip top or a straw. I kept searching on Amazon and these were the two choices. Both are double walled thermal Thermos bottles. Keeps cold twelve hours, according to the label.

Flip top with sipping straw
Thermos HS4010A6 Intak Stainless Floral Straw Bottle
also called Raya
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=07G9F02WSTKPC7SMSFVP

Flip top with sipping spout
Thermos Nissan 2456P 18-Ounce Stainless-Steel Hydration Bottle
http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-2456P...ydration/dp/B000FJ9DOK/ref=pd_bxgy_hi_img_c

Both were $20.00 at Target.
I bought the first one. What won me over was the pretty purple floral design and the straw. Especially when I am driving, I do not like to tilt my head back.

I did a comparison at work with the bottle I used to use. Water and several ice cubes. After one hour, sipping some from each bottle, the water in the new Thermos bottle was still quite cold, my old water bottle with a neoprene sleeve was only sort of cold.

Experiment at home - bottle with half ice cubes/half water in the fridge from 5:00 - 11:00 PM. At 11:00, I put it bedside and sipped a little during the night. Ice cubes still rattling at 8:00 AM. Took it for a mid-morning four mile walk. During the walk, I drank icy cold water. When we got back to the car at 11:00, I had drunk all the water, but there were still ice cubes! I am impressed!

I decided that keeping the liquid cold for twelve hours was not really that important to me. I am never all that far from a source of cold water/ice. And at only 18 ounces, I'd better be refilling it more often than every few hours!

For the convenience of having a cold one close by at my desk (such a pretty bottle!) or or in the car, it is great.

It would also be good to carry at WDW, stopping to fill it every hour at the nearest counter service eatery.

My Thermos Raya bottle does not sweat.
It was the weirdest sensation to hold a bottle that was sort of warm (75-80 degree air temperature) in my hand, yet the water inside was icy cold to drink!

I hope everyone finds their favorite way to keep their water cold, and drink lots of it!

Hydro Flask offers a flip top cap.

If you are going to spend your hard earned money...why not buy a quality product that allows you to donate a portion of the cost to charity?

Hydro Flask offers a flip top cap.

If you are going to spend your hard earned money...why not buy a quality product that allows you to donate a portion of the cost to charity?

I did look at Hydro Flasks covered sports top cap. I have had experience with that type of cap, I personally don't care for it.

My uncle says straws are only for little children, but I do like a straw!

I did purchase a quality product.
I will make my charitable donations with my money instead of Hydro Flask's money.

I did purchase a quality product.
I will make my charitable donations with my money instead of Hydro Flask's money.

With the Hydro Flask you can do both....a quality product and a charitable donation for the same price.

Then you could make whatever charitable donation you wanted with your own money as well.

Same amount spent and two donations made.

Win/ win situation.....

With the Hydro Flask you can do both....a quality product and a charitable donation for the same price.

Then you could make whatever charitable donation you wanted with your own money as well.

Win/ win situation.....

Kevin has stock in Hydro Flask ;-)

Kevin has stock in Hydro Flask ;-)

Not true at all.....just a product I believe in.

I"ll always stands behind a company that offers a quality product and then offers 5% of their profits to a charity of your choice.

Go to their website and look around. I think you'll be impressed.

My 14 year old takes these type containers to school each day with water. I will have to check out the Hydro Flask and see if she would like one.

Win/ win situation.....

OP bent over backwards to laud the holy Hydro Flask in describing the thermos option. Personally i bought two HFs off amazon based on the impressions posted here, but i'm glad there are credible options, particularly where there's a meaningful design difference.

OP bent over backwards to laud the holy Hydro Flask in describing the thermos option. Personally i bought two HFs off amazon based on the impressions posted here, but i'm glad there are credible options, particularly where there's a meaningful design difference.

"holy hydro flask"?

Snarkasm in action.

We just got ours over the weekend with the free shipping offer. (Priority mail, no less... a very nice touch)

We LOVE them already. Just for my own amusement, I filled one with ice and water and left it in my car, in full sunlight and full FL heat for nine hours.

The water was still cold ! :goodvibes

This is an *excellent* product. (Plus they look kind of cool ;) )

They'll be getting more of our business. :thumbsup2

"holy hydro flask"?

Snarkasm in action.

How about "Hydro Flask (pbuh)"? :worship:

I just thought it was funny that OP was so obviously walking on eggshells, and still caught flack.

Edit: thanks for the heads up on the 5% btw; just logged my amazon purchase.

How about "Hydro Flask (pbuh)"? :worship:

I just thought it was funny that OP was so obviously walking on eggshells, and still caught flack.

Edit: thanks for the heads up on the 5% btw; just logged my amazon purchase.

It's interesting that what I considered conversation...you considered flack.

Thank you, gkrykewy. You are indeed a good representative of the City of Brotherly Love. (I used to live across the river in Cinnaminson)

It's interesting that what I considered conversation...you considered flack.

Well, I did sort of think I was getting "flack". I tried to shake it off as online mis-communication with Kevin.

And, yes, I was sort of walking on eggshells, knowing how the Hydro Flask is the "darling if the DIS".
(Actually, that could be a good advertising slogan when Hydro Flask make a bottle with a DIS design)

Just for my own amusement, I filled one with ice and water and left it in my car, in full sunlight and full FL heat for nine hours.

The water was still cold ! :goodvibes

This is an *excellent* product. (Plus they look kind of cool ;) )

And my Thermos does the exact same thing! :goodvibes

I came very close to getting a Hydro Flask. I had actually placed the order with Amazon, and cancelled it two minutes later. Rather than relying only on the DIS reccomendations, I thought about what I really wanted in a bottle. And I did some more research and comparison shopping.

I am really very happy with the mouth design of my choice. I like that the sipping area is totally covered. And I really like the the pattern design. Opinion here - I think it looks really nice on my desk rather than the utilitarian look of the regular stainless steel flask.

Again, I only offered up the Thermos brand as an alternative. Both companies make a great double walled vacuum bottle different sizes. Hydro Flask has really cool colors. Thermos offers smaller sizes in kid designs like Spiderman.

Thermos is an old established company. Hydro Flask is new and charitable.

I love choices! :thumbsup2

Hi Lyn,

I am thrilled that you are happy with your choice.

Beyond that...I dont really care what bottle anyone drinks from.

I swear...I dont care. I dont even care if they have a water bottle, let alone what brand they've chosen.

This started when one of our listeners sent some Hydro Flasks to the Podcast crew.

We thought they were pretty awesome and we told people what we thought.

This created conversations about Hydro Flask. Is it good? Is it worth the money? Will it fit my needs?

This was never a debate as to who offered a better water bottle. We were sent a gift. We thought it was a great product and we said so.

You have posted on every Hydro Flask thread that people should consider Thermos as an alternative. I found this unusual. I started to think that you owned Thermos stock.

I'm sure that after all of the Hydro Flask threads with people extolling their virtues and you posting the virtues of Thermos bottles and doing your best to prove that they are as good as Hydro Flask...that there is enough information out there.

You even went so far as to start a whole thread titled "Alternative to Hydro Flask" and to post the definition of vacuum bottles so that folks would see that Thermos and Hydro Flask were the same thing.

They are pretty much the same price and similar in design except for a few details. This makes me question the need to find an alternative.

That being said, at this point, I'm a bit over the Hydro Flask conversation.

I have nothing to prove. Buy one, dont buy one, buy a Thermos bottle...dont. It's really not a big deal.

Again....I am thrilled that you have made your choice and made people aware that you think Thermos is a viable alternative to Hydro Flask.

With that...I am bowing out of this conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter