Alternative rock concerts

Mouse Skywalker

<font color=green>The Force is strong with this Po
I was excited about the B52's concert announcement.

I just saw another cool alternative rock offering.

Morrissey will be at the Hard Rock Live on Sun, March 1, 2009

Now that I would pay to see - I loved The Smiths in the day :thumbsup2

Now that I would pay to see - I loved The Smiths in the day :thumbsup2
Oh, I was a HUGE Smiths fan back in the day too. I can't say I really got in to much of Morrissey's solo stuff, but love, love, love the Smiths.

you all are taking me back to my youth. I was way into early 80's british music. remember Madness, The Jam or the Clash. I saw the Clash in I think 1985 and made a fool of myself. good times:eek:

Teresa, I was a DJ for the college radio station when I was a professor at Middlebury College. I played college music from when I was in college... lots of Smiths, Cure, Talking Heads, REM, Violent Femmes, etc....

The Clash would have been an AWESOME concert!

As a Brother of True Metal I hate to admit this but I have seen Morrissey live and I was impressed. Well worth the price of admission... :rockband:

The only people I would travel up there for are Anberlin, The Killers, Mutemath, and The Classic Crime. I have not been to a concert in forever, and I want them to come anywhere hear me!!!

Teresa, I was a DJ for the college radio station when I was a professor at Middlebury College. I played college music from when I was in college... lots of Smiths, Cure, Talking Heads, REM, Violent Femmes, etc....

I saw the Violent Femmes in a tiny little hole in the wall club in Albany NY. It was called the Chateau of all things.

There were about 20 people there and it was incredible.

<---loves the Talking Heads

<---Loves Annie Lennox even more

I love the Clash and The Cure and Taking Heads

I saw the Violent Femmes in a tiny little hole in the wall club in Albany NY. It was called the Chateau of all things.

I was born in the same City as Annie Lennox

I have all these groups albums on vinyl but no where to play them :sad2:

I saw the Violent Femmes a couple of times. The first time was in Pittsburgh, and I was in the front row literally leaning on the stage. They put on a great show, and are very, very entertaining.

Dana (DW) is also a HUGE Annie Lennox fan.

I used to love alternative rock as well. :thumbsup2 The cure was one of my favorite bands in high school and I still give them a listen every once in a while. I also really liked Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, and Peter Murhpy all by himself. To this day one of my favorite songs is "Marlene Dietrich's Favourite Poem"

I used to love alternative rock as well. :thumbsup2 The cure was one of my favorite bands in high school and I still give them a listen every once in a while. I also really liked Bauhaus, Love and Rockets, and Peter Murhpy all by himself. To this day one of my favorite songs is "Marlene Dietrich's Favourite Poem"
I really like "Bela Lugosi's Dead". I would play it all the time on my radio show. My DD's even got to liking it - except they sang it as "Bela Lugosi's Dad".

I also have "Ball of Confusion" on my iPod. That's a good running song. "Bela Lugosi's Dead" is not such a good running song.

Sirius/XM has an alternative station that is great. I think it is called First Rock, or something like that. My dh and I argue over listening to it and the 80's hair band station.:rotfl2: We definitely don't see eye to eye on our 80's music!
Not a big Violent Femmes fan, but I like The Smiths/Morrissey, and I absolutely LOVE New Order!

Sirius/XM has an alternative station that is great. I think it is called First Rock, or something like that. My dh and I argue over listening to it and the 80's hair band station.:rotfl2: We definitely don't see eye to eye on our 80's music!
Not a big Violent Femmes fan, but I like The Smiths/Morrissey, and I absolutely LOVE New Order!
Oh, how could I forget New Order? Like them, and I like Joy Division too. What a dramatic musical shift it was for Joy Division to become New Order, but I certainly understand why it happened.

I have more New Order music on my ipod right now than anything else!
It makes for good walking/running/exercising music, too!

Not exactly in the same category, but I also always loved Level 42. They only had maybe 2 songs that were played on the radio, but they had SO much other great music. Same with Simple Minds and Tears For Fears. It's funny what ends up on the radio for a band when they have so much other great music that never gets a chance!:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter