Altered Paper Clips Swap ~ All Received ~ CLOSED!!

mommy2mrb

Mama to a Princess - But I'm A Scrap Princess!
Hello everyone!

this is an interest thread for our upcoming Altered Paper Clips Swap!
I will open sign up on Monday April 25th at 7:00am PST/10:00am EST!

This is my first time hostessing a swap, so please be patient with me! Rebecca; rlovew, has graciously stepped up to be my hostess buddy to help me out if I have any issues along the way, thank you Rebecca!!

Here is the thread from a previous swap:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470992

we will be doing a Disney group and everyday group...if anyone has any additional ideas to add to each group please let me know!!

This thread will become the official thread on April 25th...with the mail date of May 31st to me, I can extend the mail date if needed....will then swap everything out and get it mailed back to you by June
6th!!

Will post future information below, but wanted to get this started for now!

Altered Paper Clips Info and Guidelines

You will alter TWO Jumbo (2 inch) paper clips for each person in your group.

Metal paper clips only please - NO plastic coating - Scrap safe painted metal is okay.

All other items should be acid free.

Let your creativity have free reign!
cardstock, inks, stickers, ribbons, flowers, bling, charms...anything goes

please place your 2 paper clips in small snack size baggies for each person in your group and then into a quart or gallon baggie labeled as followed:

Your name
Your Disname
Group #

you may mail them to me in any way you'd like, but I will be mailing them back priority mail, if you want to have Delivery Conf added, please include the extra $.70 to cover it and fill out the form and also a return mailing address label filled out for me.

Since this will be small groups, they will probably fit in the small priority mail box which is $5.20, please do not send the pre-printed metered postage.

Will start with group of 10 for each group and open up more groups if needed.

Hope this cover's all the needed info, please let me know if you notice anything missing or have any questions!

Thanks,
Lisa

So we don't have duplicates please post what you are going to make for each group!!

PM info - April 30
Check in - May 13th
Check in - May 27th
Mail to me - May 31st

Group A ~ Disney Characters : make 8 sets

1. LOVEMY3KIDDOS - mickey shorts
2. mommy2mrb - goofy hats
3. wdwmickey - minnie bow
4. disney-akj - pooh
5. JJ&JHsmom - donald hats
6. MusicalDisneyDreams - tinkerbell
7. tyniknate - pluto
8. mycutiepatooties - dwarfs
9. LM3K - woody

Group B ~ Disney Rides/Attractions : make 7 sets

1. LM3K - tea cups
2. m2mrb - monsters inc. "M"
3. wdwmickey - pirates
4. disney-akj - train
5. MDD - space mtn
6. tyniknate - small world
7. mycutiepatooties - 1 splash mtn / 1- everest
8. LM3K - RnRC

Group C ~ Disney Parks (MK, DHS, AK, EP, DLR, DCA) : make 6 sets

1. LM3K - castles
2. m2mrb - AK animal print
3. wdwmickey - scorcers hat
4. disney-akj - WDW
5. MDD - DCA
6. mycutiepatooties - epcot mickey heads

Group D ~ Holiday/Seasons : make 8 sets

1. LM3K - poinsettias
2. m2mrb - spring - flowers
3. wdwmicky - snowflakes
4. JJ&JHsmom - jack o'lanterns
5. MDD - snowman
6. tyniknate - ???
7. mycutiepatooties - 1-fall / 1-halloween
8. rlovew - valentines

Group E ~ Boys : make 5 sets

1. LM3K - trucks
2. tyniknate - bugs
3. disneyakj - ??
4. mycutiepatooties - license plates
5. JJ&JHsmom - 1 baseball & 1 football

Group F ~ Girls : make 7 sets

1. LM3K - tiaras
2. m2mrb - something blingy
3. wdwmickey - pink & green flowers
4. MDD - butterfies
5. tyniknate - something pink
6. mycutiepatooties - lipstick & polish
7. JJ&JHsmom - flip flop and hair bow

Group G ~ Birthdays : make 5 sets

1. LM3K - cupcakes
2. m2mrb - hats
3. JJ&JHSmom - presents
4. disney-akj - ???
5. LM3K - candles
6. wdwmickey - balloons

Group H ~ Pets : make 5 sets

1. LM3K - bones
2. wdwmickey - pawprints
3. mycutiepatooties - fire hydrant
4. rlovew - balls/toys
5. LM3K - doggie heads

Group I ~ Outdoors : (beach, camping, park, zoo, etc.) make 6 sets

1. LM3K - shells
2. m2mrb - zoo animals
3. wdwmickey - tropical fish
4. JJ&JHsmom - biking
5. tyniknate - camping
6. mycutiepatooties - beach

Group J ~ Color : make 8 sets

1. LM3K - pink & brown flowers
2. m2mrb - red flowers
3. wdwmickey - purple butterflies
4. JJ&JHsmom - yellow sun
5. MDD - blue flowers
6. tyniknate - ????
7. mycutiepatooties - purple flowers
8. rlovew - green

swappers/groups:

lovemy3kiddos ~ A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J :yay:
wdwmickey ~ A, B, C, D, F, G, H, I, J :yay:
disney-akj ~ A, B, C, E, G :drive:
jj&jhsmom ~ A, D, E, F, G, I, J :yay:
muscialdisneydreams ~ A, B, C, D, F, J :yay:
tynikenate ~ A, B, D, E, F, I, J
:yay
mycutepatooties ~ A, B, C, D, E, F, H, I, J :yay:
rlovew ~ D, H, J :yay:
mommy2mrb ~ A, B, C, D, F, G, I, J :yay:

:angel: JohnsonsLoveDisney, DisneyBarlans

checked in :thumbsup2
Recd by me :woohoo:
Mailed to you :drive:
Recd by you :yay:

I am in clip heaven lately...they seem to be my embellishment of choice recently. So, I definitely want to play!!!

Are you breaking the everyday up into categories? (Like pets, kids, beach, holidays, etc?) Or, is it a free for all type thing? And, will the Disney be general or anything specific?

I'm excited for this! And good luck to you Lisa...you'll be great! You are an awesome swapper, so it'll carry right over into hosting!

Lisa--I'll play :)

Yay! my first customer!!!

I am in clip heaven lately...they seem to be my embellishment of choice recently. So, I definitely want to play!!!

Are you breaking the everyday up into categories? (Like pets, kids, beach, holidays, etc?) Or, is it a free for all type thing? And, will the Disney be general or anything specific?

I'm excited for this! And good luck to you Lisa...you'll be great! You are an awesome swapper, so it'll carry right over into hosting!

I will make the groups however the majority would like, that's why I started it a bit early so we have time to figure out what we want to create!
ah thanks, figured this would be a good one to get my feet wet with...I don't think I could ever do one of the super swaps :scared1: don't know how you do it!

OK...so in that case, I vote for sub-categories.

If anyone is unsure about these....they are so great on pages!!!! You can attach them to a mat, a picture, a tag, etc. They really add something great, are easy to make and very versatile! Also, you can easily make them using scraps!

Everything looks great Lisa! I love this swap- I will see how things are going with the family by opening time to decide on joining in but I am normally close enough to jump on a computer at least every other day if anything is needed.

Rebecca

thanks Rebecca!

been thinking about catagories....how about....

disney characters
disney rides / attractions
holidays / seasons
boys
girls
outdoors (beach, camping, park, etc)

what do you think? anymore ideas?

I'm definitely in - they are my new favorite thing to make. Haven't actually used any yet - but they are fun to make ;)

I'm definitely in - they are my new favorite thing to make. Haven't actually used any yet - but they are fun to make ;)

yay! I love making them too! do you have any other ideas to add? or do the groups look okay to you?

Will everyone pick a character when they sign up so there aren't 5 duplicates of the same one in each group? Or are you just letting the creativity run wild? I'm good with it either way, just brainstorming about what I wanna sign up for - so far I think its every group :lmao:. I do love these clips!

Can someone be my signup buddy or can I PM you my requests? I won't be around on the 25th.

I love making these. but i think im going to have to sit this one out. I need to swap less and scrap more. Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Oh i can angel if needed :)

I can buddy you Danielle!!

I love making these. but i think im going to have to sit this one out. I need to swap less and scrap more. Cant wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Oh i can angel if needed :)

thank Erin for being Danielles buddy....I can buddy too, just PM me your picks

thanks Rachal, will put you down!

*** I think having everyone pick their character, etc. so there aren't any duplicates will be great...off to add to list ****

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!