• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

altered altoid tin

sk8bug72

Mouseketeer
Has anyone made one of these??? I painted the tin with acrilyc paint, but when I open and close it the paint chips??? How do I prevent that??? Also, how do you seal it??? Thanks!!!

Seal the paint with a light coat of modge podge. Also on the ones I made I didn't paint the part under where you close the lid.

I would love to see your project. Can you post a photo? :)

I would love to post a pic, but I gave it as a graduation gift and forgot to take a picture, and I have tried many times to figure out how to post pictures, but haven't been able to. There are a lot of great examples on 2peas if you want to look there. I used lots of different red patterned paper, flower die cuts, and cut words out of magazines. On the top I put a cut out that said "My World." On the sides where the words sophisticated, brilliant, and beautiful. I forget what the inside of the box said. It came out really cute, I used it to put a bracelet in. It would make a great little jewelry box. I found lots of saying about jewelry in magazines, like "diamonds are a girls best friend." It was a really fun project!!! I am sure that I will be making more in the future, so I will try to figure out how to post those.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter