Almost time for my reservations! What do you think?

Jsharp13

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I've been to Disney a couple times in the past few years, and am pretty familiar with the dining reservation process.
Per my (triple checked) calculations, I should be able to start reserving at 6 am on 3/27 for my stay beginning 5/26. I am staying through 6/1, so I believe I should be able to schedule for the whole stay. We will be either a party of 2 or 3, depending on the day. Fingers crossed.

I am trying to balance hot reservations going ASAP at 6 am, and the 6 night length of my stay. This is my plan of attack:

• Space 220 lounge, Friday 5/31 - anytime (party of 3)
  • Oga's: Wednesday 5/29 - 7:30 pm (3)
  • Biergarten, Friday 5/31 - 1:00 pm (3)
  • Yak and Yeti, Thursday 5/30 - 12:00 pm (3)
  • Boma Breakfast, Saturday 6/1 - 10:30 am (3)
  • Via Napoli, Monday 5/27 - 12:00-1:00 pm (2)
  • Raglan Road, Thursday 5/30, 7 pm (3)

First, do you think that this is a good plan to jump on at 6 am? Should I put something up higher on the list?

I also totally realize that I may get some of these and may not; I am completely fine stalking the app until we go, and even rolling the dice the day before/day of, and last resort, trying walk up. Dining plans are not making or breaking my trip, just a way to enhance it. I think the only one where I'd consider taking it to the next step and buying some stalking service would be Space. It would be super fun for husband and son but we'd only want the lounge for sure.

Biergarten and via Napoli I’ve never had trouble doing a walk up for lunch, but via Napoli is always one of the first to go for ADRs. I think people habitually book it and then cancel last minute.

The best tip I can think of is trying a slightly larger party size if you don’t find availability. We are often a party of 3 and the system will often ignore our request until we change it to party of 4. They wouldn’t turn you down for being an odd number to your face at the door, but it’s ok for online reservation system? 🤣 I don’t enjoy doing it but c’mon… Dozens of times I’ve put in party of 3 with zero results, then put party of 4 and a several reservations show up. In effect it locks us out of certain places.

I cant help because your dates are incorrect I believe. Can you put them in order from arrival to end. If correct, then yes they are fine. Book space first and everything else should be available with no issue

The best tip I can think of is trying a slightly larger party size if you don’t find availability. We are often a party of 3 and the system will often ignore our request until we change it to party of 4. They wouldn’t turn you down for being an odd number to your face at the door, but it’s ok for online reservation system? 🤣 I don’t enjoy doing it but c’mon… Dozens of times I’ve put in party of 3 with zero results, then put party of 4 and a several reservations show up. In effect it locks us out of certain places.

Thank you for that tip! I think I've heard that around before, so maybe I'll try 4 for some of the tough ones like Space...

I cant help because your dates are incorrect I believe. Can you put them in order from arrival to end. If correct, then yes they are fine. Book space first and everything else should be available with no issue
Actually, I have the dates out of order on purpose. But I probably didn't explain that well enough! I put them in the order I think I should start grabbing them at 6 am. For example, thinking Space (if it even exists??? I've never ever seen one...) will be gone in a second, so what should I try to grab next, and so on.

Or do you think my dates are incorrect as far as 3/27 being my reservation date? The app will show 60 days for me on 3/27.

Actually, I have the dates out of order on purpose. But I probably didn't explain that well enough! I put them in the order I think I should start grabbing them at 6 am. For example, thinking Space (if it even exists??? I've never ever seen one...) will be gone in a second, so what should I try to grab next, and so on.

Or do you think my dates are incorrect as far as 3/27 being my reservation date? The app will show 60 days for me on 3/27.

Understood. I would move Ogas and switch with Yak and Yeti. Looking at 60 days from today. There is plenty of Olgas and no Yak and Yeti.

Ogas is not hard to get anymore. Plenty of Via Napoli available also

Everything else is available.

Understood. I would move Ogas and switch with Yak and Yeti. Looking at 60 days from today. There is plenty of Olgas and no Yak and Yeti.

Ogas is not hard to get anymore. Plenty of Via Napoli available also

Everything else is available.

Great, thank you for this feedback! This is just the advice I was looking for!

I would prioritise Space 220, Yak and Yeti, and Via Napoli. I can’t see the others being an issue.

Y&Y is weirdly hard to get. I prefer to join Landry's club and call direct to make a res or just show up whenever I want if the party is 6 or less you'll be put toward the front of the line as a member. You can join for $25, then they give you $25 to use toward your first meal so it's basically $0.

We have a 5-year-old. What is a good age for Space?
I think it depends on the child. If your 5 year old is excited about space and doesn’t mind sitting through a 3 course meal then it could be a hit.
We wouldn’t take our princess mad 6 year old, it just would be worth the high price. We went to the lounge 2 years ago and that worked well. You can spend as much money as you like and as much time as your child can tolerate.

You aren't kidding about Yak and Yeti... I have checked the past few mornings just to get a feel of how fast things go.. it's already gone and full for 60 days out.
However, I will say I do see openings today, tomorrow, + 2 days. So, if I don't find anything, I'll just keep stalking!
Space however, seems like a dream. I have never ever seen a lounge reservation. We may try the walk-up on our day in Epcot.

You aren't kidding about Yak and Yeti... I have checked the past few mornings just to get a feel of how fast things go.. it's already gone and full for 60 days out.
However, I will say I do see openings today, tomorrow, + 2 days. So, if I don't find anything, I'll just keep stalking!
Space however, seems like a dream. I have never ever seen a lounge reservation. We may try the walk-up on our day in Epcot.
Just get a Landry’s card for Yak and Yeti. It works out to be free with the dining credit they give you and you don’t even need an ADR with it. Stalking Disney’s system for that place is totally unnecessary stress tbqh.

Thank you, I've seen the Landry's card mentioned here. My only concern is what if my plans change that day and we decide NOT to eat there. Then I have a $25 membership card I won't ever use. I'll have to think about it as it gets closer perhaps.

Thank you, I've seen the Landry's card mentioned here. My only concern is what if my plans change that day and we decide NOT to eat there. Then I have a $25 membership card I won't ever use. I'll have to think about it as it gets closer perhaps.
$25 over what you spend at Disney is worth the risk.

Plus check the website they probably have a restaurant near your home

It's a one-time $25 fee - with no expiration that I'm aware of. The initial credit might expire, but the card doesn't - so it will still be available for future trips to Y&Y (and other Landry locations) With the card, you can call Y&Y directly to book reservations that aren't available through the Disney ADRs. Also, if you have the membership card, you can actually walk up to Y&Y, day-of, and they'll put you on the wait list for a table - it's the only walk-up option at Y&Y we've seen. We've done it a couple times over the years, and have waited anywhere from 10 minutes to 45 minutes for our short-notice table, depending how busy they are.

Well, I woke up so early and did my reservations! As I was doing it, I swore off ever getting up early to do it again... I was about to tell myself "Just check over the next several weeks and day off and you can find something". Which is totally true.
But, I was up with my alarm and I did it anyway. I got just about everything I wanted, and then in a frenzy added more stuff that I wasn't even planning on. I'll talk to the family over the next week and drop those very soon; I don't like to hold them for no reason.
I was able to get a reservation for Space 220 lounge (which I quite literally had never seen in my months of stalking or reviewing). I was only able to get 2 instead of the 3 that I needed. I'll go check in that day and do some puppy dog eyes to ask to add one. If it's impossible, I'll just send my son and husband.
I was also able to get Yak and Yeti so I won't worry about the Landry card for the moment.

Thanks for everyone's advice here! It helped me prioritize and plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter