Almost Home! ---> ARE WE THERE YET, no ---> ARE WE THERE YET, no.

S

StevenTheGeek

:cool: We're almost home!! :cool:

After 4 years of 'beating the bush' and staying informed by visiting the DIS, we finally purchased into DVC.

It's been a ride...let me tell ya:

1) Back in mid-Janurary I requested the free video. My whole family was GLUED to TV. Heck, we watched that video 3 times straight!!!
2) 3 weeks ago I called DVC and spoke to Byron to obtain further info. He was a FAST speaker but informative.
3) 2 weeks ago I called Bryon back and 'committed' with the $500 min.
4) Last Wednesday we received our Welcome Home kit. We ransacked through the kit as if we just bought a car (playing with buttons, finding compartments, etc). My 11 year old 'beelined' the DVC backpack and hasn't let it out of her sight.
5) Yesterday, I returned the paperwork and the balance on the down payment!!

I'm getting nervous now and waiting for 'Murphy's Law' to kick me in the backside. Also, concerned that I'm going to miss the 6 month banking window by days (I got a Sept UY). Should I be concerned??

Steve

Welcome home!

Don't be afraid about the banking deadlines as they are the day you contract not the day you complete closing.

Don't feel bad-- I just put our deposit down yesterday and we haven't yet completed the paperwork. Yesterday afternoon I was really nervous. So much money!! But after talking with my husband and looking through the book they gave us in 1999 when we toured, I'm feeling much better!!

I'm thinking about all the great trips in the next 38.5 years!! WDW & everywhere else!! Our DVC guide told me that the World Passport Collection is a maximum of 160 pts for the week so we will be going to Hawaii, maybe Italy, maybe England, etc. too!!!

If we work it out, we can vacation at DVC once each year then go to somewhere else probably every two years with banking and borrowing!!

WOW!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

So cool!!:smooth:

loveswdw

Originally posted by StevenTheGeek
:cool: We're almost home!! :cool:

After 4 years of 'beating the bush' and staying informed by visiting the DIS, we finally purchased into DVC.

It's been a ride...let me tell ya:

1) Back in mid-Janurary I requested the free video. My whole family was GLUED to TV. Heck, we watched that video 3 times straight!!!
2) 3 weeks ago I called DVC and spoke to Byron to obtain further info. He was a FAST speaker but informative.
3) 2 weeks ago I called Bryon back and 'committed' with the $500 min.
4) Last Wednesday we received our Welcome Home kit. We ransacked through the kit as if we just bought a car (playing with buttons, finding compartments, etc). My 11 year old 'beelined' the DVC backpack and hasn't let it out of her sight.
5) Yesterday, I returned the paperwork and the balance on the down payment!!

I'm getting nervous now and waiting for 'Murphy's Law' to kick me in the backside. Also, concerned that I'm going to miss the 6 month banking window by days (I got a Sept UY). Should I be concerned??

Steve

If you are worried about the 100% banking deadline (end of February for a September use year), call your guide and ask for the form that automatically banks the points at closing. Then you will have no worries!

Congratulations and welcome home!

Welcome Home and Relax, the fun is about to begin!!!

CarolMN, that form was part of the kit. I completed and returned it as well. I assume they go by the date on this form (2-20-03). Also, msdis mentioned they go by the date of contract, not date of closing, so that is re-assuring.

loveswdw, yes the down payment is alot but look at it this way: If it is refused (stay away Murphy) you get the down back. You can always put this down in savings for a future DVC attempt or to pay for WDW without DVC. Of course, DVC approving the contract is the ultimate COOL :smooth:

As for 'Murphy's Law' visiting, I only refer to that if DVC refuses the contract for whatever reason (not crediable, not enough down, etc). Has anyone had this problem in the past and if so is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Steve

We ran into this when we did the VWL add-on. A very nice CM at MS told me to contact my guide and have him file an "exception" which enables all of the points to be banked. My guide was skeptical, but he did what we asked him to do, and it worked out fine.

WELCOME HOME!

Steventhe Geek--I think basically everyone is creditable. My (former)son in law had horrible credit, but they approved him with an extra 10% downpayment. I haven't ever heard of anyone not being approved, I don't think. Oh, and by the way, your DVC loan doesn't appear on your credit report, as long as you stay current on your payments.

:p Welcome Home!:p

RELAX, ENJOY AND WELCOME HOME! DVC IS GREAT YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!

Welcome Home
Owning a piece of the magic is so much fun

Yes, I'm bumping this back up but I also have a question:

Yesterday, Quality Assurance left a VM asking if we had any questions, etc. We are still in the middle of closing, so does this phone call mean the contract is CLOSED or is this courtesy FOLLOW-UP? They offered for me to call them if I had any questions. I don't have any immediate questions, but should I call them back anyway?

Just asking,
Steve

Steve,

If I remember correctly, Quality Assurance left us a message when we did our add on a couple of months back. It was our 3rd so I wonder, now that I've read your question and rethought this, if it's just something they are starting to do just to touch base? Hmm, I don't know for certain because I didn't return the call....but I wouldn't worry. If it makes you feel better, though, just call and inquire as to the status of your paperwork. I'm sure your guide won't mind.

Welcome Home! Your gonna love DVC.:sunny:

When I bought in 1999, a quality assurance person called me about a week after the papers were sent to see if I had any questions. I had already returned the papers.

Welcome Home!

Welcome home from another Hoosier! You won't regret it!:D

I'm not going to worry about calling back. I figure if I forget about the process, my 'thumb twiddling' won't be so tormenting and waiting for the close won't seem soooo looong!

....Patiently waiting......ACKKKK!

Steve

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter