Almost 40 and JUST Accepted to the Disney College Program!!!

mvazul

DIS Veteran
Hi!!! :wave2:

I interviewed last Wednesday and received the e-mail yesterday letting me know I have been offered a position as a PhotoPass Photographer in Walt Disney World for the 2012 Fall Advantage!! :woohoo: I am beyond thrilled! I am also scared, nervous and just about to burst out of sheer happiness!!

I will be 40 next month. :eek: My husband, two kids (17 year old son and 10 year old daughter) just moved to Florida from Pennsylvania in December. At the moment, we are about an hour and thirty minutes from Disney World. My plan was to drive back and forth. Every day. However, my husband has decided I should probably take up the offer for housing and live there for the duration. We are looking at possibly moving closer, but we really like the area we are in - can't beat an hour and a half from either coast AND Disney World!! ;)

Quick question - I have been offered a position for the Fall Advantage Program. Does anyone know if I have the opportunity to switch to the Fall Program, instead? I am asking, because on top of being a wife, mom and student, I also own a photography business and have three weddings contracted. One for May, one for June and one for July. They are all in Pennsylvania, so I will have to fly back for each. If I have to refund the deposits and cancel my contracts, I will. I am hoping I don't have to do that, but this is such a HUGE opportunity. I don't want to miss it.

Does anyone know the start date for the Fall Advantage?

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say, "Hi!!" I can't wait to start this new chapter!!

Michelle :flower3:

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I am in my 50's and went back to college 2 years ago after raising my kids (I've been widowed since 1994) and being accepted to work at Disney would be my ultimate dream!

I applied and interviewed for the Disneyland CP and am in pending status now. I applied for the Professional Internship program for California as I've since moved from VA to Oregon and I have an interview for those positions on Monday afternoon so I think that is why I'm being pended for the CP.

As far as your question re Fall Advantage, I believe the start date is around May 22nd but I'm not 100% sure. I was going to live in the Disneyland housing so I couldn't start until August but then my 2 youngest sons' apartment plan didn't work out so they will have to move to CA with me. So now I have to find a place for all of us if I get accepted into CP in Anaheim or PI in either Glendale or Burbank.

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you. I am in my 50's and went back to college 2 years ago after raising my kids (I've been widowed since 1994) and being accepted to work at Disney would be my ultimate dream!

I applied and interviewed for the Disneyland CP and am in pending status now. I applied for the Professional Internship program for California as I've since moved from VA to Oregon and I have an interview for those positions on Monday afternoon so I think that is why I'm being pended for the CP.

As far as your question re Fall Advantage, I believe the start date is around May 22nd but I'm not 100% sure. I was going to live in the Disneyland housing so I couldn't start until August but then my 2 youngest sons' apartment plan didn't work out so they will have to move to CA with me. So now I have to find a place for all of us if I get accepted into CP in Anaheim or PI in either Glendale or Burbank.

I hope you hear something soon. Waiting is the worst part. I also applied for a Wedding Consultant Professional Internship. I applied for that first. It is still in processing. Thanks for responding and good luck to you!!!

Hi!!! :wave2:

I interviewed last Wednesday and received the e-mail yesterday letting me know I have been offered a position as a PhotoPass Photographer in Walt Disney World for the 2012 Fall Advantage!! :woohoo: I am beyond thrilled! I am also scared, nervous and just about to burst out of sheer happiness!!

I will be 40 next month. :eek: My husband, two kids (17 year old son and 10 year old daughter) just moved to Florida from Pennsylvania in December. At the moment, we are about an hour and thirty minutes from Disney World. My plan was to drive back and forth. Every day. However, my husband has decided I should probably take up the offer for housing and live there for the duration. We are looking at possibly moving closer, but we really like the area we are in - can't beat an hour and a half from either coast AND Disney World!! ;)

Quick question - I have been offered a position for the Fall Advantage Program. Does anyone know if I have the opportunity to switch to the Fall Program, instead? I am asking, because on top of being a wife, mom and student, I also own a photography business and have three weddings contracted. One for May, one for June and one for July. They are all in Pennsylvania, so I will have to fly back for each. If I have to refund the deposits and cancel my contracts, I will. I am hoping I don't have to do that, but this is such a HUGE opportunity. I don't want to miss it.

Does anyone know the start date for the Fall Advantage?

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say, "Hi!!" I can't wait to start this new chapter!!

Congrats on being accepted to the Disney College Program!!! I am over 40 and I am currently working on my Master's in Hotel and Restaurant Management. I would LOVE to be able to work for Disney as a participant in the Disney College program but I am a single mother with two sons and I live in MI. I just don't see a way for me to participate at this time. But I am keeping the faith that one day my dream of working for Disney will come true!!

Congrats again!!! :woohoo: :yay: :dance3: :cheer2: I hope you enjoy your time.

BTW - my son was accepted for Fall Advantage 2012. He will be working QSFB. So at least I will get to live vicariously through him :goodvibes

As far as the start dates for Fall Advantage - my son has a choice between May 16th and May 21st. There were also two dates in June but I'm not sure what those dates were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter