(Almost) 2 full day super-packed 4-park extravaganza

TreeSapp

That weird guest in line who'll talk to anyone.
REPOST from a response to Trip Planning Forum:

A friend and I planed a VERY last minute day & 1/2 trip to Disney. We booked our dirt-cheap hotel rooms about 12 hours before we planned to arrive at the gate! When it was all over we'd been to all 4 parks, met over 30characters, done 26 rides/shows/attractions, and walked 5,000 miles (give or take).

Well it was pretty much a non-stop whirlwind of crazy... But here goes:

FRIDAY
9:00pm looked over the tentative list my friend sent for what he'd like to do at each park (including meet every princess to get a birthday card signed for his niece).... Set up FP+ based on his requests, Packed (change of clothes, snacks, day bag) and also decided to make last min pins to celebrate his birthday. Got to bed at about midnight.

SATURDAY
-5:30am woke up in Jacksonville FL. Talking to my friend while driving down, we decided against opening Epcot for Anna & Elsa on Sunday in favor of Opening MK because we knew we could accomplish more, even if it meant leaving the Frozen sisters out completely.
-6:00am-9:00am drove to Hotel
-9:15 friend arrived and we squeezed into 1 car.

AK
-By 9:35 we were parked, past security, and through the gate at AK
-then I immediately tried to sabotage our momentum by stopping to talk to a wilderness explorer about a badge I hadn't gotten yet.
-Safari at 9:15 with a 10min wait. Driver Dwayne - one of the best I've ever had. He was a RIOT!
-bathroom break, tried to fix hair from extreme humidity exposure. No luck. come out to find rain that lasts (in some form) until after 5:00
-went in search of Pocahontas at her 10:00 M&G. She's tricky to find in the rain! We got pointed ALL over discovery island. To the tortoises, to the waterfall, to the forest... No luck.
-10:15 stumbled on Baloo & King Louie with next to no line. Sweet! then asked the CM there where Pocahontas hides in the rain? Island mercantile! And we were off!
-10:20 arrive at Pocahontas to find the line already cut off. Bummer
-10:30 single rider at Everest.
-10:45 Winnie the Pooh & Tigger with no line
-10:55 arrived to Finding Nemo musical. Soaked
-11:35 got in line for Russell and Dug. They left for a break and we cut out of line before they returned to secure a place in line at Pocahontas (my friend had a birthday card for his niece that he was DETERMINED to get as many princess signatures as possible on)
-11:50 line for P. met a nice couple with one of those adorable yoda backpacks, did some pin trades.
-12:00 Pocahontas arrives and says "the reason we had such a hard time finding her? She was playing hide and seek with Meeko!
-12:10 Customer Service (no line) to write up a review for Safari Driver Dwayne!
-12:15 opted to take tram rather than walk in the rain. Tram waited FOREVER oops, but at least we were 'dry'
-12:30 exit AK parking lot ate PB&J sandwiches on the drive over.

(Only *really* missed Dinosaur from our plan. And I'd have liked to squeeze in Flights of Wonder)

DHS
-12:45 park at DHS, change to a dry jacket and socks.
-12:50 bag check guard informed us 'it's cheerleader hell in there'. Saw a TON of cheerleaders... 'Hell' not so much. They were overall well behaved and lines weren't crazy.
-12:55 through the gate and down to RnRC to check wait times (single rider line closed)
-1:00 arrive at ToT 5min too early to use our FP+
-1:05 ToT
-1:20 arrived Art of Animation drawing class. We were the 4th family outside the 'holding pen' and the VERY LAST to get into the 1:30 class - Yes! Drew Goofy.
-2:10 walked by Woody/Buzz to check the line - 35min so we skipped it
-2:15 Star Tours FP+
-2:30 Muppet Vision - caught MOST of the pre-show (came in at the fish part) friend said he was 'ok' as long as he got to see Gonzo tap dance and Rizzo as Mickey.
-2:55 back at Drawing Class. miss getting loaded into the 3:30 holding pen by 2nd groups.
-3:25 considered lining up for Mr Incredible/Frozone instead... Didn't
-3:30 made the cutoff for drawing - Vanellope! And I won the artist drawing - had it autographed to my husband - she is his FAVORITE. I'm so bummed he wasn't there to draw her tho.
-4:00 art shop to get a protective bag for my prize to keep out the rain. Cashier did an awesome Donald Duck voice just realized I forgot to write him a review.
-4:05 ran across a Green Army Guy in Pixar Place - snagged a wet autograph. (Did not get my nephews' ToyStory birthday card signed - too much rain for the risk)
-4:10 TSMM on FP+, potty break
-4:20 asked every employee even remotely in the streets of America/Pixar/backlot/star wars areas if there was ANY chance of the Fantasmic M&G/Characterpalooza or an indoor area it might be? No luck
-4:25 photos with Lightning & Mater in the middle of the character quest for info
-4:35 back at RnRC to find single rider line still closed
-4:45 back in the car

(Only *really* missed RnRC from our plan. And characterpalooza was a bust)

Offsite
-5:15 check-in at hotel. Reservations can't be found In the system, have to wait on a call back from our booking company....
-5:45 dinner at Wendy's while awaiting the call.
-6:10 all sorted out. checked in to the hotel, drop off bags. Change socks AGAIN
-Back in the car shortly thereafter, forgot to monitor monorail, Parking, or security times. Not bad overall tho

MK
-7:00pm Arrive MK
-7:05 talking Mickey w/ 20min wait (took videos for friend's family)
-7:35 found line for Tiana & Naveen cut off. But told there'd be an extra 9:00pm set.
-7:40 Haunted mansion 15min wait
-8:00 tour of new rapunzel area with my friend/bathroom break/pin trading.
-8:25 back in line for Tiana's last set. Met a great local family who's teen daughters love to celebrate "mustache Monday" at the parks
-9:05 got our time with the royal couple - they loved my Shadow Man themed pin and 'Louis' (UF Gator) jacket. Naveen was the first Prince to sign the Princess birthday card
-9:20 in line to meet Ariel. 5min wait
-9:30 Voyage of the little Mermaid no wait
-9:40 storybook circus 5min wait for Minnie & Daisy.. But also spent 5min just talking to CMs outside the entrance about our pins. No one in front of us inside. Had to scramble to pull out autograph books.
-9:50 walked right back around to get in line for Donald and Goofy now a 5min wait. CM who'd chatted us up before followed us in to show our pins to the photographer and goofy. Spent a long time going thru old photos in the phone with the big dog (no one in line behind us) same deal with Donald. Then original CM is waving at us frantically from next door to Minnie saying "Minnie wants to see your pins".... Back around we go. So fun when there's no wait! Photographers and handlers all had character requests for future pins. I'm gonna be busy - whew!
-10:10 finally 'escaped' the circus (after hearing wishes start popping fireworks during our M&G). It was totally a twilight-zone experience to watch the show from new fantasyland with heavy cloud cover/fog. The smoke and fog were so low you couldn't see most of the fireworks - only hear them all around. The low smoke smelled awful, but occasionally a few purple or green sparks would be visible or a cloudy area would light up orange. Surreal!
-10:15 jumped in line for Enchanted Tales. Very short line, but Missed the cutoff by 1 family.
-10:35 exited belle and ran like fools to the front of the castle for CtM - missed the opening and Wreck-it Ralph. But my friend was impressed anyway. I was fascinated by the orange glow behind the castle (caused by the fantasyland light reflecting off the fog/smoke) it was almost like watching the show in daylight (compared to the normal pitch dark)
-10:50 Tinkerbell's nook - first fairy to sign the princess card.
-11:00 Jungle Cruise. Girl talked to fast and wasn't as funny as others I've had. Not an awful trip tho!
-11:25 caught the very tail end of MSEP swinging around the hub.
-11:30 checking the wait for Space Mtn. 45min - too long!
-11:40 Rapunzel and Snow White - no wait
-11:50 Cinderella & Aurora - 5min wait. Ran into a photographer and handler pair that I'd met before. In November, they'd taken 'selfies' on our camera while we waited for a big family to finish up their princess time. We only found the pictures a day later. Hilarious! When I pulled the photo up in my phone and asked "hey isn't this you guys?" They were so excited and said they haven't worked together in a very long time - what are the odds? Got them to take a new selfie
-12:10 buzz Lightyear spin 5min wait (I'm asleep in the photo)
- 12:20 space Mtn. 20min wait
- 12:55 monsters inc. Tiny audience. Practically everyone got on camera. They did geography of the human world! Soooo happy. I only ever see them tell the story of mike and Sulley anymore.
- 1:15 customer service to write up reviews
-1:30 exit MK. Got on first monorail and first tram. Should have walked, tram sat over 10min... Sooooooo tired.

(Accomplished a bit more than I'd expected, even tho something's took longer than planned)

Offsite
-2:30am back at hotel
-2:35am dead asleep

SUNDAY
7:30am wake-up time! Groggy
7:50 free hotel breakfast
8:20 on the road!

MK
-8:40parked, monorailed, bag-checked, and standing right in front of the train station.
-8:50 opening show
-8:55 crush of humanity
-9:00 Peter Pan's flight
-9:15 informed Peter and Wendy would not be meeting til 11:00 - lame!
-9:20 stakeout for Fairy Godmother - first in line! She was the second birthday card fairy!
-9:30 arrived just as Aladdin and Jasmine walked out to their M&G. Second in line behind a family who'd followed them over from the building (they didn't understand enough English to realize they couldn't just go first. We didn't mind) both signed the card
-9:40 Pirates of the Caribbean. I 'complained' to CM about exorbitant wait times created by FP+ (5min) she laughed with me
-9:50 second. In line for Woody and Jessie - they were right on time. Got my nephew's card signed by both - almost stole the photographer's sharpie. Oops! Ran back with it after 2min.
-10:05 big Thunder. 20min wait posted. Waited less than 10.
-10:25 Alice and white rabbit - only 3 families ahead of us when we arrived. Alice got 'temporary princess status' and signed the card
-10:35 saw a grade-school aged girl dressed as a 'trolley dancer'. her homemade costume looked JUST like the morning welcome show dancers. Had to stop to talk to her - too cute.
- 10:40 walked ALL the way over to Buzz in tomorrowland and line was cut off... Back to fantasyland...
-10:50 arrived at Peter Pan M&G to find a longish line and hear that he and Wendy HAD been out at 9:20. Oops! Oh well. Wendy was a no-show. My friend suggested 'maybe she went home to grow up?' Peter was very unhappy about that idea
-11:25 back to tomorrowland to get a jump on Buzz. 3rd in line. He came out right at 11:30. He stamped my nephews card upside down :/ but I said I'd put a sticker over it and he could 'try again'.
-11:40 stitch - he LOVED seeing himself on my friend's birthday pin... But had trouble not picking his nose long enough for a photo op
-11:55 Back in fantasyland for philharmagic
(9 by noon challenge? Pfft! More like 11 by noon!)
-12:20 exit magic kingdom (CS line too long for reviews, decided to wait)
-12:40 exit TTC parking (ate PB&J sandwiches in the car)

(No dolewhip means this wasn't actually an MK visit for me otherwise we accomplished everything on my friend's list plus a few bonus... Except 1 which I'd discover 4 hours later)

Epcot
-1:05 inside Epcot's gate
-1:15 Soarin' FP+
-1:30 The Seas with Nemo ride (10min wait)
-1:45 Turtle talk, missed the cut off by 1 family. Sat on the floor by a fish tank and fell asleep. Guy performing crush was Better than average. Hardest I've seen the group laugh in a while... And they always laugh.
-2:10 restroom break
-2:20 in line for Belle - LONG line. Grabbed a veggie combo platter from Morocco (delicious BTW) to split while he held a spot in line.
-2:50 belle arrives.
-3:15 begin walking back thru future world towards China...
-3:30 arrive for Mulan only to find the area I've typically met her in set up for acrobats... 2 other girls are also looking for Mulan. I find a CM get redirected and send friend to the line while I go back to tell the girls where to join us.
-3:50 Mulan arrives (we're 4th in line)
-4:05 the Power of Disney Magic, and being recognized by a CM (I talk to freaking everyone every trip) snags us the best Disney magic EVER. I was trying to give my friend a peek at Anna and Elsa (knowing we'd have NEVER waited out that line) and I had the birthday card in my hand. CM came over to tell us where the line was and I said "oh we've met all the princesses, but knew we weren't gonna see these" and then the light bulb went on and she says "I know you - you were here for your anniversary and you had beauty and the beast pins!" And I thought to show her our card. It had 10 princesses, 2 Princes, 2 fairies and Alice. She was impressed and said "you missed Merida" CRUD!!!!! We were RIGHT THERE, how could I forget?
She asks can you wait around here for a minute? Sure. She took the card and was gone 10-15min... Came back and says "I found Anna and Elsa taking a break, but couldn't find Merida" and we had two more signatures on the card - sweet!! Extra Disney Birthday Magic FTW!!!
-4:30 Test Track single rider (15min)
-4:50 Mission Space Green (0min) we were the only people in the flight prep room - weird. Good thing I have long arms - had to push all the extra buttons
-5:15 check out @ MouseGear with a present for the birthday niece (the one who'll be getting the epic card)
-5:20 CS to write reviews for MK earlier, Crush & Holli (thank you thank you thank you!) who helped us with the card
-5:30 Spaceship Earth
-6:00 in the car

(Only *really* missed maelstrom, but it was worth giving up that time to get my friend's niece an extra special birthday wish from the Disney royalty!)

Offsite
-6:30 breakfast for dinner at Denny's
-7:15 in my own car and headed back to Jax
-10:30pm asleep in my own bed with 27 autographs under my belt (and over 30 characters met)

Phew! Glad that's done :faint:
Wish I'd had a pedometer tho!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter