Allure of the Seas disembarking questions

cwby22

Mouseketeer
This will be our first cruise with Royal Caribbean and also first cruise out of Port Everglades.
With Disney, they wanted everyone off by 9:00am and we always got off at our own convenience.
What is the procedure for disembarking with Royal?
I thought I read that they assign you a time? or can you walk off when you want?
I'm trying to figure out what time to schedule rental car pick up....maybe 10:00am???
And with the rental car, Is it easier to grab the rental car at the port or take a taxi to FLL and get the rental car there?

My (likely flawed) perception is that you are off DCL earlier than on Royal.

Royal does have the "walk off yourself" option. Otherwise they will assign you a group-slash-debarkation time based on your flight, scheduled car service et al.

I don't have an answer for the rental car as I've always gone right to the airport (albeit MIA) after my cruise. But 10am seems a bit late.

On our paperwork for this week (we are currently on the Allure), the last block is 10:10-10:25. We are picking up our rental car from FLL once we disembark. Even considering the taxi fee, it was cheaper to go to FLL for pick-up than Port Everglades since we need drop-off at FLL. We are only using it until about 8 pm since we have a 10 pm flight home and it didn't want to sit around the airport all day.

We were on Oasis two weeks ago. Not sure if it's different at Port Canaveral, but we did the self-disembarkation option where we walked off ourselves with our own luggage. The paperwork left in our room the day before said we were free to do this between 6:45am-7:45am. We got in the long line around 7:15am and it moved fairly quickly. We were on the highway by 8am.

We were on the Allure last month. You might want to see if your car rental company has a shuttle from The Port. We used Alamo. The shuttle took us to thier location just outside of the port area not to the airport and we picked up the car there. We rented it for the day as we had a late flight and then returned it directly to the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter