AllStar Movies vs AllStar Music

disney2003

Just when I think I am out, they pull me back in!
Just a quick question. Which resort would you recommend, AllStar Movies or Music. There will be two adults, an 11yo girl and 14yo boy. We are planning on staying on the resort from April 27th - May 4th.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi disney2003,

Welcome to the dis! You will find many opinions on this subject. Personally I/we like the Music. I have tried them both and find the Music to have more of a serene feel about it. That being said with the ages of your children they may prefer the Movies as it is larger than life fun to look at.

My daughter prefers the Music as well but I think it's because of sentimental value....It was the first On property we stayed at.
Either way you can't lose they are both very nice resorts. This is just my preference.

Best wishes with your decision,
Lisa

We Love the All Star Movies Resort!!! The character statues (Buzz & Woody, Dalmatians, etc.) are really fun to see every day at the resort. The All Star Music is probably very much the same inside the rooms and the food court though. My SIL stayed at the Music & didn't feel it was Disney enough & doesn't plan on returning there. However, we will definitely return to All Star Movies! :bounce:

We've stayed at both, and our preference is the Music. I agree with Lisa that it's more serene than the Movies. And for us, it's probably a sentimental favorite, too, because it was our first WDW hotel experience. We own DVC now, but if we want to stretch out our points, we start a vacation with a night or two at the Music. :)

I've also stayed at both music and movies. I definitely prefer movies. If you are looking for the disney magic, movies is it. Huge dalmatians, huge buzz and woody, army men on the roof, and it is also the newest of the 3. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed music also, but especially with children I think they would appreciate the movie characters more. But that is just my opinion.

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

I guess you're not considering All Star Sports, but that is what I'd pick because the busses stop there first. Sometimes the busses fill up before they can even get to ASMusic and Movies.

Thanks everyone for all of your input. It is really appreciated!!

rhonda

I don't know if this will sway your decision or not BUT...I have been told that it's easier to get a discount code for Music or Sports since Movies is the most popular.

My family and I stayed at the All-Star Music. The pool was shaped like a piano. We found it to be a lot of fun. I guess it all depends on the scenery you would like. The rooms are the same in the two. Have fun!

We've stayed at all three all-stars and I'd go with the movies or sports. The movies because the themes are so cool. If the discount isn't available there (which is most of the time) I'd go for the sports because the kiddie pool is bigger and separate from the larger pool. Also the buildings, in general, are closer to the lobby. But with bigger kids, I would go with the music over sports because the pool has the fountain action.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter