Allstar Family Suites??

siestakeys04

DIS Veteran
Good morning, is the Allstar Family Suites in a preferred location?

2nd question how were your rooms if you booked 2 at a time? Where they on the same floor near each other?

Thanks

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Allstar's have Family Suites. Only AOA does in the "Value" category.

You can probably request they be close or adjoining, but nothing is guaranteed

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Allstar's have Family Suites. Only AOA does in the "Value" category.

You can probably request they be close or adjoining, but nothing is guaranteed

Pretty sure these suites opened before AoA opened. The suites are closest to main hub and with Music being laid out lengthwise, it means standard regular rooms are noticeably farther away from hub than other AllStars. YES, no connecting or adjoining are guaranteed.

The suites at Music are actually two rooms that were converted into a suite. The bathrooms remained in the same places as when they were rooms. The bedroom has a queen bed and the living room has a sofabed, chair bed and ottoman bed. The layout is not as open nor big as the AoA suites and between that & resort quality they are normally much less than an AoA Suite.

When you book the suites, ask for the reservations to be linked and ask that they note on each of the reservations that you are requesting adjoining suites. Adjoining means next to each other. These are the best things you can do to try to get the two suites close together. And yes, all of the suites are in the preferred buildings.

Pretty sure these suites opened before AoA opened. The suites are closest to main hub and with Music being laid out lengthwise, it means standard regular rooms are noticeably farther away from hub than other AllStars. YES, no connecting or adjoining are guaranteed.

The suites at Music are actually two rooms that were converted into a suite. The bathrooms remained in the same places as when they were rooms. The bedroom has a queen bed and the living room has a sofabed, chair bed and ottoman bed. The layout is not as open nor big as the AoA suites and between that & resort quality they are normally much less than an AoA Suite.

Never knew that, thanks for the heads up.

I love your posts! You seriously always come through with all things lodging related!

We had a great stay at the All Star Music family suite. We were in Jazz facing the back and it was nice and quiet. My mom thought AS Music was as nice as the Beach Club. :rotfl2:

Honestly the biggest advantage AS Music Suites has is four separate sleeping surfaces, essential if you have kids or others who can't or won't share. Downside is that 3 of them are pullouts. The kitchen area is bigger than at Animation too.

The Music suites are in preferred areas, Calypso and Jazz. We got a second floor room overlooking the little playground on the outer edge of Calypso and it was very quiet. They had originally assigned us one on the first floor facing the pool but I asked for an alternate location.

PHXscuba

Has anyone stayed in a family suite lately? Are they really run down? I know they are scheduled for renovation but we are planning late August this year so I doubt any renovations will be finished by then.

Honestly the biggest advantage AS Music Suites has is four separate sleeping surfaces, essential if you have kids or others who can't or won't share. Downside is that 3 of them are pullouts.

The other downside is that those pullouts are all in the living room, which can be nervewracking depending on the ages or mischief-making-abilities of those sleeping on those pullouts.

Honestly the biggest advantage AS Music Suites has is four separate sleeping surfaces, essential if you have kids or others who can't or won't share. Downside is that 3 of them are pullouts. The kitchen area is bigger than at Animation too.

The Music suites are in preferred areas, Calypso and Jazz. We got a second floor room overlooking the little playground on the outer edge of Calypso and it was very quiet. They had originally assigned us one on the first floor facing the pool but I asked for an alternate location.

PHXscuba

How comfortable are those pull-out sleeping areas? Like for an adult?

How comfortable are those pull-out sleeping areas? Like for an adult?

I didn't sleep on any of them myself. I have heard anecdotally on the boards here that Disney's pullouts are better than usual pullouts. My 6-foot DS15 son on the pullout chair, my 6-year-old on the pullout ottoman, and DD9 and DD12 shared the pullout couch. No one complained about bed comfort that I recall ... but they are kids who played hard in the parks all day.

PHXscuba

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter