• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Alliant HSA anyone?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
Looking to see if anyone has used their HSA product who'd be willing to give thoughts? Mainly want to know if there are any issues getting reimbursed when you opt to pay medical expenses with your credit card?

HSA's are self-regulated. No administrator should be asking for any proof.
Thanks for the clear answer! I think I got lost in a bad research spiral online :( The CC thread here made it all seem very clear at the beginning and then there were other websites and old posts on message boards on random websites and before I knew it I was thoroughly confused.

In case anyone wants to know for this bank, they have no issues for reimbursement. I don't want anyone getting the wrong impression :) (I asked them via DM on Twitter about writing myself a check and they said yes, you can just write yourself a check and they reminded me to keep the receipts.)

I don't believe the bank or financial institution offering the HSA requires any proof. You need to maintain any documentation in the event you are audited. For that reason, I prefer to use the debit card issued for my HSA, but if I can't I keep payments very clear and specific so it's easy to track (I withdraw for each specific bill, rather than lumping 2 or 3 together which makes that total harder to track back to the original expense).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter