• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Allergy & Quick Service

Uptoit21

Earning My Ears
I have a question about quick service restaurants. My son has a allergy to all nuts & sunflower seeds, when we were making adr's we were quite happy with how disney goes out of there way to accommodate us. How does it work with quick service?

Thanks

Contact Disney Special Diets. They will be able to help you with places you might be able to go or items he may be able to eat. It is more difficult for CS in the parks to prepare special meals or avoid cross-contamination...but the resort CS may be able to.

For us the CS worked okay. They have to make the food in a special area that is supposed to be cross-contamination free. This means the food is made to order and can take 20-30 minutes for that meal to come up. My son has different allergies and is autistic so his food coming up last sometimes was an issue.

I made cards from the information sent from Disney Special Diets that had all the choices he could have from each CS or cart. Then we would talk about what he might like ahead of time and one of us would go and order his meal first while the others caught a quick ride, went on a short walk or a bathroom break. By the time they got to the restaurant his food was ready and we could order.

Hope this helps some. :)

I was in WDW in March with my peanut, tree nut & annatto allergic son. At the counter services they have a 3 ring binder with ingredients list. You just telling them when your are ordering, that you have a food allergies. They will bring our a manager and go over menu items with you. Just be prepare for the process to take a few more minutes. ;)

We always contact WDW before our trip to get the latest food allergies information list. This is great starting point, then you can see what foods are 'safe'. I find this list to be great for snacks items.

Personally, I found it easier to just ask for the ingredients binder at the counter services. Then to try and remember every item on the 'safe' food list.

We have been to WDW many times and have seen them 'greatly' improve how they deal with allergies, over the years. :thumbsup2

we were told by the food manager at PO to mention the food allergy as soon as you arrive at the qs location. Do not wait until you are ordering. By saying something to any up front person ( cashier Or such) they can then get the cook ect. out front sooner and therefore a shorter wait time for all.

we were told by the food manager at PO to mention the food allergy as soon as you arrive at the qs location. Do not wait until you are ordering. By saying something to any up front person ( cashier Or such) they can then get the cook ect. out front sooner and therefore a shorter wait time for all.

Great idea! At the hotels. I don't think it would work in the parks though.

Thanks for the information. We will inquire about Q.S. places when we phone WDW in a couple weeks.

Thanks for the information. We will inquire about Q.S. places when we phone WDW in a couple weeks.

Don't do it on the phone, especially not with WDW-DINE. They probably won't have the slightest idea about QS restaurants. Find the e-mail contact for Disney Special Diets. The DisABILITIES board has lots of allergy information.

My sister has an allergy to gluten. We were really worried about how it would go at the quick service places. They get a manager out there to talk to you and he has a binder with the allergy information as someone mentioned earlier. It was a lot easier then I thought it would be, and my sister didn't have any trouble with the food being contaminated. She knows right away if she has eaten something she shouldn't. We were really happy with the whole experience. Disney was great about her allergy.

If you stick to the QS places that have the special allergy safe foods it's somewhat easier. All the resorts are well equipped to mix and match and prepare something special. AT the parks most places don't have full kitchens and extra stuff to work with. If you email special diets they give you a list of QS places in each park. I'm also allergic to sunflower seeds and oil and it's complicated at WDW. All the pizza crusts and hot dog burger buns have SF. Many of the sandwich breads did as well. All of the chips did too except we found fritos at a few stands. They do have gluten free allergy safe buns at the special allergy QS locations but they take 20 mins to defrost and bake. I think the gluten free Amy's pizza had SF seeds that they use as the allergy safe pizza. It's really easier to avoid nuts than SF seeds at WDW. There are allergy safe prepackaged brownies and cookies at most locations--divvies or french meadow and a few places also had enjoy life cookies and candy bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter