Allegiant Air

tink&her2boys

Mouseketeer
Does anybody have any good or bad experiences flying Allegiant? I've never flown with them before, but their rates are better than Delta, unless I want to drive over 2 hrs...which we don't. There is a facebook page titled "Allegiant sucks" and it made me nervous!! :confused3

We have used Allegiant out of Allentown numerous times without any problems. The flight crew is also great. To make the time go faster, the crew holds a raffle and tells stories. They fly into Sanford so you will need to either rent a car or use a car service. We are hoping that they will add more flights again since Air Tran is pulling out. We do have Frontier coming in but they have a limited schedule for now.

They fly out of our local small airport 2 times a week.....I've looked into them and have some relatives use them....the drawbackis they fly into Sanford, so you either have to rent a car or use a car service (no ME at Sandford) and that sort of negates the savings.....especially if you were only relying on Disney transportation for your stay.

We are flying with Allegiant on Sat. I will come back and let you know how it is! We are flying from Niagara Falls, Ny to Sanford. We always rent a car, so that wasn't a issue! They do add a lot of fees on. It cost me $119 in seat fees alone!

We are flying with Allegiant on Sat. I will come back and let you know how it is! We are flying from Niagara Falls, Ny to Sanford. We always rent a car, so that wasn't a issue! They do add a lot of fees on. It cost me $119 in seat fees alone!

Thank you! I'd appreciate that. I had read a blog about Allegiant and this guy said not to pay extra for seat selection...usually your whole family can still sit together...but yeah I was worried about that too!

Thanks for the replies so far! I'm going to look into renting a car or just having a shuttle or car service pick us up from Sanford. Still, with that cost it'll be much cheaper...times six! My family has four and we are also going with my mom and dad. If I'm lucky and the rates stay consistant with how they have been, I'll pay $600 for all four of us roundtrip. I'm just waiting for the dates to be extended past August now! :confused3

My son's family, total of 4 people. flew Allegiant Air from Chattanooga to Sanford 2 years ago and it was a perfect trip. Rates were reasonable, and the service was great. Even after paying for the car service to WDW, they saved a bunch of money and plan to do it again this fall. YRMV but theirs were great. :thumbsup2

My son's family, total of 4 people. flew Allegiant Air from Chattanooga to Sanford 2 years ago and it was a perfect trip. Rates were reasonable, and the service was great. Even after paying for the car service to WDW, they saved a bunch of money and plan to do it again this fall. YRMV but theirs were great. :thumbsup2

THANK YOU! I'm feeling better about it! Every company has people who complain about it I suppose. I just wish they'd release the dates for Sept.!

THANK YOU! I'm feeling better about it! Every company has people who complain about it I suppose. I just wish they'd release the dates for Sept.!

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the fall schedule as well. I am thinking that I will go down to the airport to buy our tickets since it's only about 15 minutes away, and it will save us the booking fees and I can pay for seat selection instead. The fees are what I am concerned about and the schedule and rates of course. Good luck!

Flew allegiant from ABE to MCO 2 years ago. Completely uneventful flight, We checked in early (2 hour mark) and had no problem getting seats (2) together. We didn't pay for prepaid seats selections. Also on the trip to MCO... they said the flight was FULL and were willing to check any bags we were planning on Gate/Carry-on for Free! since you have to pay per bag to check. We opted out... since I didn't pack accordingly (had stuff that couldn't/shouldn't be checked in our rolling carry on).

Would definately fly with them again... my airtran/MCO is more convienent and comparable in price for us.

I am anxiously awaiting the release of the fall schedule as well. I am thinking that I will go down to the airport to buy our tickets since it's only about 15 minutes away, and it will save us the booking fees and I can pay for seat selection instead. The fees are what I am concerned about and the schedule and rates of course. Good luck!

I'm about 45 min away, but it might be worth driving. Of course the window to buy them are so slim and I work full-time, so hard to get there. I don't remember if there is an opportunity on Satrurdays.

Good luck to you too! :goodvibes

OK so no horror stories yet, so I'll probably go with Allegiant as planned! Just hurry up and update the fall dates already! :surfweb:

Here's one "kinda" horror story. I've only flown Allegiant once, back when they flew into/out of MCO. Flying into ABE I had paid for an assignment and also for priority boarding. We were standing at the gate ready to load, when the gate attendant started announcing. She completely ignored a woman in a wheelchair, bypassed priority boarding, and went straight to regular boarding. Those of us that paid for priority complained and eventually they sliped us into the line. The damage was done, someone else had claimed our seats and we had to have them ejected. The bin were almost full (the whole reason we pay for priority to begin with) and the whole boarding process became a hassle. We learned on that trip that the gate personnel were not employees of the airline, but rather the airport. So they had no customer service savvy.

I was getting ready to accept Allegiant again, but now that Frontier is in the picture....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter