All The Best Tips-Summarized-Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! There are some great tips that i would have never thought of!! I have a question about how much spending money will i need for the 3 day cruise. I have a family of 4 ..2 adults and 2 kids 4 and 6. were not big shoppers. this is our first cruise and we are looking to relax. Is there a suggestions on how much i will need to have on the ship?Also when on castaway cay is the meals included on the island?

WOW! There are some great tips that i would have never thought of!! I have a question about how much spending money will i need for the 3 day cruise. I have a family of 4 ..2 adults and 2 kids 4 and 6. were not big shoppers. this is our first cruise and we are looking to relax. Is there a suggestions on how much i will need to have on the ship?Also when on castaway cay is the meals included on the island?

You don't use cash at all on the ship (except for room service tips), nor do you use cash on Castaway Cay. Everything is charged to your stateroom card which is charged to the card that you record when you check in. You can even charge your servers and room steward tips to the room as well.

You will want to have cash for Nassau (walk over to the Pirate Museum), and for the porter when you get back to port. Our family of 4 brought $300 on a 4-night last August, and we had about $200 left over when we got back to land.

On Castaway Cay, lunch is included at no extra charge.

Thanks so much for all of this wonderful information. I am a newbie, and I am going to study this like a hawk.::yes::

Hi everyone,

Thanks Jim!!!

i must say it's great place with lot of useful/helpful information to plan the trip...

It is very nice to find this great place.. :)

thanks

keep posting to update people here....

take care :)

If you find yourself short of cash, you can cash a personal check at Guest Services for up to $100. I saw it on the information channel on the t.v. in the stateroom when I was watching it late one night. I was glad I did because I realized I hadn't brought enough cash for Nassau shopping (I didn't want to use my credit card). It was easy enough to cash the check - just need your photo ID and your check. They call it in for approval and then you fill it out and get your cash.

I read somewhere about folks buying shipboard credits prior to cruising...can anyone tell me more

Hope I'm not duplicating here...not in the mood to wade through pages of posts. DH is a videographer, and on our cruises, the camera is out a LOT! On our first cruise, about 1/2 way through we were getting a "moisture warning" from the camera. DUH...we're at sea, of course the camera is catching more moisture. Save all those little silica gel packs that come in just about everything packaged and stick a few in your camera bag. THEY will absorb the extra moisture...not your camera. They also work well for underwater housings for regular digital cameras. Stick a gel pack in the housing, and you won't get the fogging that can occur. :flower3:

Hope I'm not duplicating here...not in the mood to wade through pages of posts. DH is a videographer, and on our cruises, the camera is out a LOT! On our first cruise, about 1/2 way through we were getting a "moisture warning" from the camera. DUH...we're at sea, of course the camera is catching more moisture. Save all those little silica gel packs that come in just about everything packaged and stick a few in your camera bag. THEY will absorb the extra moisture...not your camera. They also work well for underwater housings for regular digital cameras. Stick a gel pack in the housing, and you won't get the fogging that can occur. :flower3:

That is a great tip, can't wait to try it out on our 9/25 cruise! I've lost many sun rise photo opportunities because the camera is foggy when I get outside.

That is a great tip, can't wait to try it out on our 9/25 cruise! I've lost many sun rise photo opportunities because the camera is foggy when I get outside.

Wow what a great tip, we used to get that in wdw actually all the time, and it was a pain! Thanks

Great time, we are doing our first cruise ever next year:thumbsup2

All excellent tips and advice here! Thanks to everyone. :thumbsup2 We leave on our 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise this Saturday and we are extremely excited!!
:banana: :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2:

Gotta remember to bring this Tips document. LOL

The most useful tip for me on our land/sea trip was to pack my kids clothes in ziplock bags. I put everything they would need underwear, socks, shirt, shorts in a bag with their name and a title like "Pirate Night" or "Castaway Cay". My 8 & 5 year olds would take the bag out of the dresser and put them on. It saved me all of the frustration of refolding (as they tend to pull everything out when deciding), arguing about clothes etc. It was awesome. I used it for the land part of the trip too. Each bag had a different park listed on it. Thank you to whoever originally posted this tip! :yay:

We used the bags after the clothes had been worn to put wet stuff and dirty stuff in! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter