All start music or movies

honkytonkmama

Mouseketeer
We are planning our 2nd trip to WDW, and unless we get a good deal we will end up at All Star Music or Movies.

Are they as run down as their age would suggest? Im scared of going and being disappointed that we are staying in an over priced motel 6, ykwim. Last time we stayed at Caribbean Beach and LOVED it.

I can't vouch for either Movies or Music, but we stayed at Pop in 2011 and it was in great shape. I think the rooms had just been renovated. I know the mattresses were new. We loved our stay there.

neither resort is as old as CBR:confused3. both are very nice. no where NEAR an overpriced motel6! the allstars are great options for people who want to spend a little less on the resort. sometimes we pick a value just so we can make the trip longer! you can use all 3 resorts when you stay at one (pool hop, etc.)

just be aware they don't have slides at the pools.

We stayed a couple of nights at Movies last Spring, and I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. Before that trip, we had stayed at Poly and CBR, while it doesn't feel as lush as those, it is WAY better than a Motel 6. The atmosphere is very Disney-ish, and it felt very well maintained.

nope. we stayed at CBR in 92 and dixie landings (now Port Orleans riverside) in 94 .. french quarter was there then too.. the all stars were not. pop century is newer than the all stars. and art of animation, of course, is brand new.

we have stayed at all levels of resorts, and while our favorites are the moderates, we stay at the values often. theming is "prettier" at the moderates, but more cheerful at the values, more disneylike. and the food courts are great. and sometimes it's nicer not to have that huge hike back to the room. (well, except french quarter. that resort is very compact, and has only one pool. to me it is a step between the values and the moderates.)
we;ll be trying a LM room at AOA this next trip. split stay with that and BWV. it's fun to try dif. resorts, makes each trip different.
the kids would probably like movies or pop better. Music is more of an adult favorite, the theming isn't as kid oriented. however, music is in the middle between the 3.

one year we had a room in the mighty ducks section of Movies. near the smaller pool. it was a closer walk for us to use the food court and bus stop at movies!(yeah, we had to cut through the parking lot, but we did this a lot)

The 3 All Star resorts have been reno'd in the last few years.

We have stayed at all the values and all the mods. While I would rather go to a mod for the few (very few) extras I much prefer to extend my stay by a few days so the values it is!!!!! We like to vacation for 12-14 days and the mods have just become waaaaay to expensive for that.

You can't go wrong with either Movies or Music....choose the theme that appeals to you the most. Both resorts are a lot of fun.

ETA...I just realized that I can no longer say I have stayed at 'ALL' the value resorts. I have not stayed at AoA and most likely will not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter