• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All Stars vs. Coronado Springs

sailfrosty

Earning My Ears
I called to book an All Star Resort the week of Easter and was upsold Coronado Springs for $10 more a night ($119). My dh has since called AAA and gotten *** for $99 a night so we are trying to decide which resort to do.

We have a 4 year old (going on her birthday so she'll be just 4), an 11 year old and a 5 month old. CSR looks really nice but *** looks so fun for the kids too. What's the real differences?

TIA,

Amy

The All Stars are fun and colorful resorts. If I had kids I probably would take them there but it would be hard to pick. I know when I was little I would have prefered the All Stars... well even in my teens. :) I don't think I would have appreciated the moderates and deluxes until a little more mature.
You will have a bit more room at Coronado Springs as the square footage of each room is more. The pool is quite impressive for everyone. The kids would love it. There are also 3 other pools. I think you would maybe be walking a little more here unless you got a room in the Cabana section.
Personally I prefer CSR. How do the kids feel about it? Maybe let them pick.

If I had to choose between the two, there wouldn't
be any choice - we were at the All Star last week
with our high school - NEVER AGAIN! First time I've
never met a friendly cast-member - stayed at almost
ALL resorts (with the exception of Boardwalk and
Grand) and never had problems till ASMusic.
Before we arrive at All Star, we stayed at POFQ - now,
that is one terrific moderate (do love CSR too).

Your kids will LOVE the pool/playground area at CSR!!!!! Just NO comparison . I paid $109 plus tax (Fl Resident rate) and I thought it was a very good rate for this proeprty. You are getting an "almost" deluxe resort! In my opinion , you will be dissapointed with the AS for $99. It isn't worth it.

Thanks for all the help so far. Can anyone tell me about the All Star Hotels, there's no FAQ on it so I don't know what it's strong points are and what it's weak points are.

From what I can read from everyone posts, the CSR sounds wonderful but I can't imagine Disney doesn't make all the resorts pretty wonderful, so what are the major differences.

THANKS, you all are wonderful.

A

What are the dates you are going?
We are going April 23 - 30 and staying at CSR and we were told there were no discounts except DC.
We did get DC so it came to $161/night.........but wow...to save a few $$ would be nice:)

CSR is AWESOME!! You will love it!
We were there once and I loved it. DH prefers CBR, but he is staying home this time.
So CSR here we come!!

The differences are typical Moderate vs. Value:
CSR has a great main pool, the Dig Site. Along with 3 quiet pools.
And it has sit-down restaurant. The Pepper Market is much better that the food court at All Stars.
Just check out all the info on this site and go to www.wdwig.com that is a great site too.

My DW decided to stay on property for the two days between our stays at BCV and BWV. Based on the information on these boards, I booked CSR using code AXA, which got me a rate of $104. This is for a standard room.

I requested a room near the pool but was told that would bump the rate up to $132. I passed on that and will await the AP rates. Does anyone have any suggestions on what request I should make? I have two sons, ages 9 and 5.

Thanks for your help!

:jester:

Another hands down vote for Coronado. The place is gorgeous!

Erin :D

We will be there the dates just preceding your visit - April 15-22. I hadn't seen any discounts for these dates, Easter falls during our stay but the woman I booked with a WDisney said that the offer popped up on her screen. On mousesavers.com, Mary says you could book the All Stars and say you'd like a Moderate but you can't afford it and see if they try to upsell you.

Amy

I should have been more specific. The code is good through 7-3 from 4-27. You need to reserve by 4-15.

:o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter