• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

All-Stars to the Polynesian

Ontario Lion

Earning My Ears
Our family is headed to WDW in November and is splitting our stay between the All-Stars and Polynesian. We'll be staying at the All-Stars first and then moving to the Polynesian. I am interested in knowing how easy or difficult it is to transition between the two resorts and what I need to do. At the moment, we are not planning to have a car. Will Disney assist us with this and what can we expect?

Thanks!

Ontario Lion

The basic policy is that Disney will move your stuff from one Disney resort to another. There's no charge other than tips on both ends. That being said, we moved from All-Star Sports in June, and found the folks there to be a lot less helpful than those we've had at other resorts. They refused to move our cooler or anything else that wasn't tightly fastened -- limited to pretty much what you could check on a plane. We had previously had the cooler and shopping bags moved between resorts. They also gave us no receipt whatsoever. When I expressed concern about this, they said I could go to bell services and get something. When I went there they said I didn't need anything but if I insisted they would give me something. Previously, we have had a receipt for each bag.

The GF lost our luggage. It was properly taged to be moved from there to the BW. It didnt' arrive at the BW, and when the BW called the GF they said it had been delivered. The BW looked again, and it definitely wasn't there. The GF said they didn't know where it was then, to call the other resorts and see if it had been dropped there by mistake :mad: :confused: :eek:

Turns out the GF had put it in storage and never moved it. Then they wanted US to go over to the GF to get it, or wait until the next day!

The BW drove over and picked it up for us. :)

I'll never haved my luggage moved between resorts again, even if it means I pay for a cab to get it from one to the next. There are just too many chances that it could be lost and never seen again.

Anne

That was our plan for next month. We had one night at AllStarSports and then over to Polynesian. I was going to just get a cab. Much easier in the long run. I know that AllStars will get your stuff moved, but it won't be quick!! If you get a cab, you'll have all your things with you and you can get unpacked in your room, rather than going to the parks and coming back and then getting settled.

That was our plan for next month. We had one night at AllStarSports and then over to Polynesian. I was going to just get a cab. Much easier in the long run. I know that AllStars will get your stuff moved, but it won't be quick!! If you get a cab, you'll have all your things with you and you can get unpacked in your room, rather than going to the parks and coming back and then getting settled. For me this is now a moot point since dh asked to,,please, please go directly to the Polynesian! He really didn't want to move. Okay, so he didn't have to twist my arm too much!!

We've moved from resort to resort on a number of trips and never had any difficulties. We've always used Bell Services and everything has gone off without a hitch.

The one time we stayed at All-Star Sports (when it first opened and only four buildings were open for guests), they were only moving the luggage at certain times of the day and told us not to expect it before 4:00 pm over at OKW. We had no problem with this and the luggage was available considerably before that time.

I wouldn't hesitate to continue to do this. It makes moving almost painless for us.

We stayed at ASMo for a couple of days and then moved over to the Poly. Bell services moved it over for us. We left our stuff in our room and then when we finally got to the Poly we told them as we walked into the resort. They delivered our bags right away. It was quick and easy.
tigercat

Originally posted by Campingbuddy
When we split our stay we just moved our luggage ourselves. No big deal, no hassel , no problems.

The OP doesn't have a car and it's a long walk from the All Stars to the Polynesian ;).

I had the "luggage fairies" move our luggage last December and we had the same problem as Anne. Our luggage got "lost" somewhere between the Polynesian and the Beach Club. The Polynesian thought the BC should pick up the bags and the Beach Club thought the Polynesian should deliver the bags. *sigh* After a couple of hours with no bags well after check-in it turned out that the Polynesian did in fact deliver the bags and the Beach Club had them the whole time.

My advice: I would pack your swim suits with you when you go to the parks :). That way you can swim before your bags catch up with you, and maybe even before you can get into your room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter