All-Star Sports or Music?

• Total voters

LuthienDragon

Mouseketeer
I made a reservation for All-Star Sports this September. Spouse loves the Mighty Ducks since childhood, so our plan was to stay in that building (plus rooms still have TUBS!).
We got married at Disney on 2019, although we originally stayed at POP, but avoiding it now because it became a Moderate (for us).
We took advantage of the Disney+ Discount but Sports was the only available at the time, I am waiting and hoping to get lucky so MAYBE we could get a POP room with this offer (we know, almost impossible at this point) but we are considering moving up to Music and I've seem the room refurbs are very similar to POP and we love it. We don't like the hotel design in general.

Our main issue is with transport, since Sports is the first of the All-Stars we would get picked up and left first every time, for us this is an important perk. But I don't know if All-Stars are still plagued with the same issues pre-covid, as in - one bus for all three and an hour wait in line to get on after a park close. Is this still an issue?

Last edited:
Tough call. I generally love a refurbished room, but (like you) I don’t like the layout of Music. I’m not sure about bus transportation sharing these days, but if your spouse loves the Mighty Ducks, I’d probably stick to Sports and request that area. :)

I had Music reservation for upcoming Labor Day weekend, but then recently I was looking at a map of the area and that reminded me that the thing I didn’t like about Music the one time I stayed there was the layout (well, that and the vibe). I switched to Sports.

I stayed 7 nights (6 park days) at All Star Music in April and have no complaints about the bus service- the only time I was on a shared bus was returning to the resort mid afternoon from HS to drop off a light saber. Made sense, very few people on the bus. Heading out in the morning and back at night we were never on a shared bus.

This is what I posted after our trip:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922538

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...t-information-questions.3042913/post-63922804

Last edited:

I made a reservation for All-Star Sports this September. Spouse loves the Mighty Ducks since childhood, so our plan was to stay in that building (plus rooms still have TUBS!).
We got married at Disney on 2019, although we originally stayed at POP, but avoiding it now because it became a Moderate (for us).
We took advantage of the Disney+ Discount but Sports was the only available at the time, I am waiting and hoping to get lucky so MAYBE we could get a POP room with this offer (we know, almost impossible at this point) but we are considering moving up to Music and I've seem the room refurbs are very similar to POP and we love it. We don't like the hotel design in general.

Our main issue is with transport, since Sports is the first of the All-Stars we would get picked up and left first every time, for us this is an important perk. But I don't know if All-Stars are still plagued with the same issues pre-covid, as in - one bus for all three and an hour wait in line to get on after a park close. Is this still an issue?
Mighty Ducks are NOT at Sports.

Mighty Ducks are at MOVIES.

I had a choice of Sports or Music for this fall, I picked Sports. Not even new rooms will get me back to Music unless I were booking a suite.

Mighty Ducks are NOT at Sports.

Mighty Ducks are at MOVIES.

I had a choice of Sports or Music for this fall, I picked Sports. Not even new rooms will get me back to Music unless I were booking a suite.

Yikes, well I suppose that goes out the window then, lmao. Thanks for letting me know! First time staying at an All-Star.
I am guessing it boils down to layout and how noisy renovations can become.

I am somewhat nostalgic for Music as it's the first Disney resort I ever stayed in. I also just don't care about sports at all, so theming-wise, I prefer Music.. However, if you got a promo on Sports and the pricing is better, I'd go with that.

I just switched my regular rate room at POP to a Disney+ room at ASMu, saved me $400. Why is everyone saying they wouldn’t stay at Music, what is wrong with it? Im only there from Thursday night till Monday and plan to Lyft it to the parks.

I just switched my regular rate room at POP to a Disney+ room at ASMu, saved me $400. Why is everyone saying they wouldn’t stay at Music, what is wrong with it? Im only there from Thursday night till Monday and plan to Lyft it to the parks.

All-Star Sports hasn't been renovated, Music and Movies have. I just made the change to Music too! :-)

Yeah I knew that just trying to figure out why people don’t like Music
I think it's because it's laid out a little differently than Sports or Movies - more "length" then width, so if you're in one of the farthest rooms towards the end away from the front of the resort wher th efood vourt & busses are, it can be a bit longer walk to those than it is at Sports or Movies where the buildings are kind of spread out more side-to-side from the front.

I think it's because it's laid out a little differently than Sports or Movies - more "length" then width, so if you're in one of the farthest rooms towards the end away from the front of the resort wher th efood vourt & busses are, it can be a bit longer walk to those than it is at Sports or Movies where the buildings are kind of spread out more side-to-side from the front.

Gotcha, we usually stay at POP and I’ve been at Movies once so this is a new one for me. I booked preferred so I’m guessing I should be ok.

Yeah I knew that just trying to figure out why people don’t like Music
I personally dislike the lack of "Disney" design. No characters almost anywhere, just huge music instruments (which if they were being played by huge Disney characters it would be a different matter). Movies is probably the best in this aspect, but it's all sold out at the moment.

I personally dislike the lack of "Disney" design. No characters almost anywhere, just huge music instruments (which if they were being played by huge Disney characters it would be a different matter). Movies is probably the best in this aspect, but it's all sold out at the moment.

Yeah I wish I could’ve tried for Movies, Music was showing for the first time in a long time today for the promo. I mean I could book movies at regular rate but then I might as well have stayed at POP. I could see why no Disney flair would be off putting to people.

Yeah I wish I could’ve tried for Movies, Music was showing for the first time in a long time today for the promo. I mean I could book movies at regular rate but then I might as well have stayed at POP. I could see why no Disney flair would be off putting to people.

Same, that's why I changed to Music. Maybe tomorrow we'll get lucky, it's when people either cancel or lose their deposit, is it not?
I need two rooms, yikes.

The hike to those cowboy boot rooms in the August heat is something I'll never forget. Especially when hauling luggage on check in day. 🥵

Same, that's why I changed to Music. Maybe tomorrow we'll get lucky, it's when people either cancel or lose their deposit, is it not?
I need two rooms, yikes.

Or change their resort. For me I don’t arrive until Sept 15th so it wouldn’t have hit the 20 day mark yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter